My Lifesize 1:1 Alec Guinness ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi

Was finally able to get some clothes on him, just need to make a few adjustments. I also stopped by the local Tandy Leather store and picked up a belt and buckle blank.

IMG_0893.JPG

He's coming along...........

Sorry, damn Windows 10 upgrade is messing with my pics......need to figure this out and I'll re-post.

Last edited:
I didn't like how the scratch built undershirt looked so I bought this turtleneck on eBay for $8.00, looks much better.

image.jpg

I was also able to modify both arms today. I didn't get the angles exactly how I wanted, but I still like how it turned out. I made a few adjustments to the robe and moved him upstairs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I used the lightsaber from my Luke X-wing pilot to test the fit and it worked great. I just need to make a few minor adjustments and I think he's good to go!

Last edited:
Did your OB1 get his appropriate lightsaber yet? And if you don't mind ... I'd try to fiddle a bit more with that hood until it sits the same as Alec Guinness had in the scene you're trying to copy with that pose ... check the movie, if you haven't already :)

Chaim

Did your OB1 get his appropriate lightsaber yet? And if you don't mind ... I'd try to fiddle a bit more with that hood until it sits the same as Alec Guinness had in the scene you're trying to copy with that pose ... check the movie, if you haven't already :)

Chaim

Also, although I am sure you know this, put that outfit on and go roll around the dirt for a while. Have a few lightsaber battles. Need some wear and tear.

Awesome display.

Tom

Thanks guys, great comments. I actually like the hood covering his head more, but definitely need to weather and get another saber. On my "to do" list.

So I'm trying to get audio to all my figures, this is the first test of my Obi-Wan. I isolated some audio from ANH and added it to my sound module. The sound module runs off 3 x AA batteries, I have it hidden in his hood. I'm going to re-wire the switch with a small momentary on/off switch and hide it on his left wrist. This is without cleaning up the audio any; I think it sounds pretty good. Adds a pretty cool new dimension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jumping around projects again but I finally had a great opportunity to pick up an Obi-Wan saber from another member last year. Great saber that I was able to get for about $160, all metal. Sabers aren't my thing, so don't jump on me for the inaccurate paint job! I just want to throw some paint on this so I can display it in his hand. I still need to weather it...........

IMG_3819.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

IMG_3821.JPG

IMG_3822.JPG

Nice saber for the price! And cool project, I've never seen a 1/1 Obi-Wan that I can remember!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back