My large x wing prop build ☺

another angle of the top wing fitting and lining up
DSC_0339.JPG

Me and my partner broke up last year nothing to do with props I make it just happens sometimes I guess. she didn't mind too much she like the other close family just appreciated what I make they said to me and others too that it's a great talent they just leave me to it ! They would come outside in daytime and in the dark to remind me to eat . I'm lucky too that the garden is 100ft long X around 25 feet wide ? Once I start asking stuff I just go and go till I find a way to build them lol. I operate best when I can be busy and ideas and methods snowball better and it's critical to enjoy what I'm doing and not overthink anything. it either goes smooth and falls into place or I move to a different part of the build and go bk later when I figure it out out of the blue. or I will jump to another prop sometimes and return later. I find it therapeutic as well making both the tie fighter and X wing during the break up last year till now wasn't easy but at the same time it's kept me busy, happy and distracted it's the best thing I've discovered I can do probably ever. It's a pity it took me till 2017 aged 41 to figure that out but hey at least I could build for the nxt 25-30 years or longer lol who knows positivity is key I think.

You are definitely a very talented artist. You could have easily worked for Lucas. Glad to see you doing things you love. We have to enjoy the ride. It took me until I was 46 before I started to dress up in TK armor. It makes me happy and thats all that matters. Oh and the kids love it too. Can't wait to see you complete this amazing work of art. May the force be with you!

thanks lads appreciate it and i agree 100% with both of you never too old the kids love it and we are all awsome we all have our talents our strengths our passions its important to have that it keeps us young inside plus feeling alive and hungry .
creativity is a blessing George your so right i feel lucky to be alive every day not just for prop making but all things starwars related and of course for my family and other things that im passionate about too.
that comment above coach nin your to kind i doubt ive had higher praise ever thankyou for that.
mabye when my daughters tell me that they love me but other than that no lol.

Thanks Coach Nin appreciate that a lot.
I'm not finished it yet still some bits to sort and add but it's close
I'm still in shock myself when I think what it was like at the beginning and where it is now it's almost like a dream.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back