My Kroenen Costume Project!

Just painted the mask but need to weather the mouth piece still. Here's the story so far. :)

Mask-3.jpg

Here's the finished painted Mask, just minor touch ups to do and finish off the decor around the side piping... oh and the lenses, lol. Saving the best bit till last. ;)

Mask-4.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers chaps. Bloood Wolf for the weathering I used first silver acrylc all over the mouthpiece. Then got some dark red/brown acrylic and started dabbing it alond the edging of the top and fading it out towards the bottom. Then did the same but lighter with orange acrylic. Once this had dried I used a dry brush with very light dabbs of silver to go over bits of the brown and orange, just dabbing with the dry brush.

Just repeated this prcoess about three times until I was happy with the results. The more times you do it the more texture you get from the dried layers of dabbed paint but you dont wanna over do it otherwise it'll go beyond the look ya after.

Hope this makes sense. :)

I don’t have the movie on DVD so it’s been a while since I’ve seen the opening. Looking at the first shot in this thread, I had no idea he wasn’t wearing a standard wool Allgemeine SS uniform (which isn’t historically correct as the black uniforms weren’t worn during the war) under the overcoat. He seems to be wearing some kind of leather jacket under the overcoat instead of the wool one (but it might be wool and just wet, it’s hard to tell). Really tough to not notice the Knight’s Cross, which would have personally awarded by Adolf himself.
HellboyNazi.jpg

With all the cheaper Chinese reproduction uniforms out there now, you could pull off a decent SS uniform easily for not too much money. I could never make it work as my melon is massive and I’d NEVER find a hat that’d fit me under the mask, so I gave up trying to make one of these for myself.

Hey Jon, the mask kit I got was from a guy off ebay and totally happy with the quality and solidarity of it.

Here's the link...

[LINK REMOVED]

Hope this helps dude. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice work man. excellent weathering
I have teh Jarvis version 1 - and went with the Nazi Kroenen colours scheme (as we have discussed before TigerH)

still have boots to finalise, but you get the idea :D

DSCF2644.jpg

DSCF2652.jpg

Hey folks,

this thread has been moved to the costuming forum.

In addition, the link to the seller of the mask has been removed, since he was banned from the RPF for recasting other people´s items. Different to JarvisB´s mask which is an original sculpt, the Kroenen mask he offers is a recast of the Sideshow Collectibles Mask.

Michael
RPF staff

Last edited:
Hey Michael, appologies for posting the link, didn't know about the rules on that one. Why was he banned for recasting an original, surely thats the only way to get spot on accuracy dude? He's a nice guy that I've been dealing with. Can I post auction links in PM's?

Heatshock thanks for the comments dude, much appreciated. You're costume looks the nuts dude and likeing the Kroenen Nazi mask, great work. I got my WW2 German officer boots from here

Epic Militaria > Leather Jack Boots with heelplate

and are a great fit and solidly made. I hope this is ok to put the link of the WW2 website as not sure on the rules with links to websites.

I'm almost finished now as got the cogs for myu Chest Armour yesterday so will be putting these on soon.

recasting in our community is.a.big no.no. The point is he recast an item from an official product (it isnt the actual screen used item) still in licence. But he also recast other fan produced items.

I dont think we.can police what u do in pm's, but in general it is considered bad form to support a recaster, even more so if u are doing it on the qt. Its irrelevant if he is a nice guy or not.

Yeah tiger, lots of my items are fr militaria.net and epic militaria. Linking to such sites (they sell via ebay, but have an actual website too) is ok.

Thanks Heatshock for the info dude, much appreciated and know for future posts.

Yeah I got a bit of my stuff from militaria, boots, hat amd references too, great site.

i own the screen used Nazi costume.

The overcoat is very dark blue leather, the trousers and jacket are black leather.

Thanks LDR, I've got the black leather trench coat and black trousers tho just cotton and not leather as I dont want to be too hot in them but might get them eventually. Like I mentioned before I'm doing a mix of kroenen Nazi and Clockwork so having the trousers, trench coat, blacj top with chest Armour and the mask, maybe the hat too but not sure, see how it looks. :)

Just got the lenses and the grills to put onto the mask and then complete. ;)

Finally completed the chest Armour. Intentions were only to do the front plate but maybe will do the back another time when I have time! ;)

Chest-Armour-Complete.jpg

Thanks trooper1m. It's turned out better than I thought it would. I think the leather weathering and the cogs have put the icing on the cake so to speak. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back