My Indy Temple of Doom display

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Gigatron, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Hey gang,

Well, after looking around for some decent clay (minimal shrinking and no cracking), I found Claystone self hardening clay at dickblick.com.

I sculpted ( :lol if you can call it sculpting) the Indy Sankara stones from solid clay. It took about a week for the outside to harden enough to the point where I could sand it down some. I think the middle may still be a little soft, but I can't really tell. I then gave them a multilayer paint job using red oxide primer (as both a primer and a secondary color), gloss brown, flat black, metallic brass and a final clear coat.

The antidote vial is from a member, Capt_Zak, on COW. I used windex as the antidote.

Anyhow, on to the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy.

Thanks to WC for hosting

-Fred

2. agent5

agent5 Sr Member

Good stuff. :thumbsup

3. blufive

blufive Sr Member

Very nice.

:)

4. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

You need to get yourself some monkey brains.

5. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PHArchivist @ Apr 23 2006, 04:34 AM) [snapback]1231504[/snapback]</div>

Thanks guys :D.

If you asked my GF, she'd say I already do :lol

But there are a few more pieces I'd like to add along the way, chilled monkey brains being one of them. I'd like to also add the sanskrit cloth and maybe a nice Club ObiWan poster (not too big though, maybe in the 8.5"x11" range)

-Fred

6. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

:thumbsup

Looking good.