My Indy Temple of Doom display

Gigatron

Sr Member
Hey gang,

Well, after looking around for some decent clay (minimal shrinking and no cracking), I found Claystone self hardening clay at dickblick.com.

I sculpted ( :lol if you can call it sculpting) the Indy Sankara stones from solid clay. It took about a week for the outside to harden enough to the point where I could sand it down some. I think the middle may still be a little soft, but I can't really tell. I then gave them a multilayer paint job using red oxide primer (as both a primer and a secondary color), gloss brown, flat black, metallic brass and a final clear coat.

The antidote vial is from a member, Capt_Zak, on COW. I used windex as the antidote.

Anyhow, on to the pics:

indy-TOD-007A.jpg

indy-TOD-005A.jpg

Enjoy.

Thanks to WC for hosting

-Fred

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PHArchivist @ Apr 23 2006, 04:34 AM) [snapback]1231504[/snapback]</div>
You need to get yourself some monkey brains.
[/b]

Thanks guys :D.

If you asked my GF, she'd say I already do :lol

But there are a few more pieces I'd like to add along the way, chilled monkey brains being one of them. I'd like to also add the sanskrit cloth and maybe a nice Club ObiWan poster (not too big though, maybe in the 8.5"x11" range)

-Fred

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back