my hoverboard parts have been recast, by a member!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think more evidence is needed at this point. If he can prove he made his own MDF masters that have different measurements from yours for his molds, then there is a big difference.

I think the fact that you have to cut some parts to length for them to fit goes to show that they couldn't be a direct cast off of yours.

I'm not taking sides, just saying from what has been presented so far, I'm not convinced one way or the other.

just by altering a couple of parts, doesnt make them his work, you must know that, you've been a member long enough.

for a comparison, here's a couple of pics, the first is the board that Luke Moonwalker sold to him (from Luke's FS thread) and the 2nd is the board with "his" parts on (he says this in the thead). they are EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

295v4w7.jpg

new%20hoverboard%20right.jpg

there is no doubt about it that he has cast my parts.

as a side note, he hasnt added any length to the T clamps, mine are like that. all he has done is fill the gap underneath the centre "battery"

All I was asking for was proof. I have been around for some time now, and proof is always needed when calling someone out for producing a recast.

whether he's made mdf masters by ripping off my parts or not (which i'm sure he hasnt anyway), its still recasting.

here's a pic of my parts i just took:

SDC11583.jpg

you're not telling me he's made cad drawings, cnc'd mdf masters, and then they look EXACTLY like mine (all the screw bevels etc), a couple of months after he got his hands on one of my boards?

Last edited:
This should be explained further (From the JY sales thread). My emphasis.

........the magnets where kinda heavy and so was the board. I wanted to make it lighter. So I used the magnet set that was on it to make as a mock up for mine. I changed it slightly mainly in the center piece where the y shape clamps go under it. I made mine not as deep as yours was and made the y shapes a little longer so they could be cut for people who have variances in there board length and shape. Also the center piece on mine is thicker and the magnets are a hair thinner. Most are only different by about 1/8in. but they are still different.

So while I did use your board as a reference I did not just simply recast them. And yes the picture above is of your board but with my magnet set on them......

As it stands, it sounds like the originals were used, a slight variation, and that's it.

ie no 'work' was done creating the main frame through design, trial and error etc.

If the reference in question, to make the mock up digitally, was taken directly from the original magnets, as seems to be confirmed by the OP himself, altered digitally, and then used to make the 'new' magnets, IMHO, that is no different than pouring rubber over the original and sanding / filling them down to recast a 'new' set.

So what if a digital file was used to change the originals ?

Unless the above is clarified, as I may have misunderstood something, it seems to me that this is a case of 'modern recasting', but a recast nonethless.

Last edited:
All I was saying is that if you are going to accuse him, you need to follow the forum guidelines as posted below. Recast accusations should go to the rpf staff, and proof is to be provided. I already told you in a PM that I was on your side of the argument, but there is a process you need to go through instead of just posting an accusation. The evidence is on your side. Go about it the right way and you'll get the result you were looking for.

"If anyone believes their item has been recast by a member, they are encouraged to provide proof to the RPF Staff, with the understanding that the burden of proof lies solely with the accuser and that members will be considered innocent unless clearly proven otherwise by the aggrieved party."

All I was saying is that if you are going to accuse him, you need to follow the forum guidelines as posted below. Recast accusations should go to the rpf staff, and proof is to be provided. I already told you in a PM that I was on your side of the argument, but there is a process you need to go through instead of just posting an accusation. The evidence is on your side. Go about it the right way and you'll get the result you were looking for.

"If anyone believes their item has been recast by a member, they are encouraged to provide proof to the RPF Staff, with the understanding that the burden of proof lies solely with the accuser and that members will be considered innocent unless clearly proven otherwise by the aggrieved party."

i've already messaged the staff. i'm posting here so that no one buys from him and know's what he's up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back