My HIC Build 2014!

Warpcell, I'm helping a friend build a HIC. he's bought all the parts and we're putting it together in my shop. The thing I can't figure out is, what is the material that most people use to replicate the wavy, uneven frozen carbonite on the "flat" surface around the body molds. Can you point me in the right direction. I just joined the Yahoo HIC builders group but I am lousy at manipulating Yahoo group boards to find past information. Thanks.

Ken in Fort Worth, TX

TXarmory, check out the HIC builds on TDH. There are some really creative people on there that have used wood glue in layers to achieve what you are looking for. (It takes a lot of glue.) The panel I used was a full front cast that I bought from Stormrider. I then used flexible caulk to seal the corners and blend it into the surrounds.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Here's a post to one of the TDH builds.
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f61/my-life-sized-han-solo-carbonite-project-2nd-attempt-37403/

- Warp

- - - Updated - - -

Really nice work

Thank you!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back