my first suit!!!!!!

scorpion

hi guys!!!!!
too much time not being here, well i was finishing some proyects, now i am ready to start with my predator suit
i am working on the bio helmet, first i will do it in cardboard using the scratch method using pics as reference.
i was thinking to build an aluminium bio is more easy for me because y work with these materials to build my models but i never saw a predator ali helmet hahaha :p ;)

here is a reference pic so you can see how i will do it. first i draw the helmet over cardboard and then cut and assemble parts after this i will give a coat of ployester

0903101757.jpg

check out my blog hunters so you can see my work!!!! (aluminium t-800 endoskeleton lifsize)

my blog !!!

0903101757.jpg

hi guys, well here i have my carboard bio i used some pics to build it the next step is the finish coat
I think by being a model scratch, I see quite achieved
any suggestions?

1103101639.jpg

1103101639.jpg

Just shows what you can do with some card! Might have ago at doing this at the office when the boss isn't around. But nice try anyway! Are you making a complete costume?

Just shows what you can do with some card! Might have ago at doing this at the office when the boss isn't around. But nice try anyway! Are you making a complete costume?

thanks ambush yeah i will make a complete costume :lol:
this i will use it as a mold, you will see how this cardboard bio turns out!!!!!

here i have my bio with a coat of polyester and sanded is a custom bio because is not the same as the original but i like how it looks

the cheeks, eyebrows and the upper ring has more sharp this gives a more agressive look!!!!

i will call this bio........ warrior predator :) :)

criticisms are welcome

dyad0p.jpg

zak5k.jpg

zak5k.jpg

5oijnt.jpg

dyad0p.jpg

zak5k.jpg

zak5k.jpg

5oijnt.jpg

:) You managed to make that out of cardboard!!! You said you used a coat of polyester, is that some sort of special putty or paint you can buy? Because I might give this a go see what I can do. :)

yeah anbush this bio is out of cardboard as you saw in the first pics :)

the coat,is polyester putty for car repair!!!! is not a paint .first prepare the putty. that is two parts, putty + catalyst is applied with spatula and then is sanded. the termination is going to be according to the skill you have with the sanding

cheers :)

yeah anbush this bio is out of cardboard as you saw in the first pics :)

the coat,is polyester putty for car repair!!!! is not a paint .first prepare the putty. that is two parts, putty + catalyst is applied with spatula and then is sanded. the termination is going to be according to the skill you have with the sanding

cheers :)

Wow so basically cardboard and bondo (don't know what body filler is used in the rest of the world) that's really impressive

grindi this bondo is use for boat repair too!!!!!

well updating my warrior predator work here i made the system to attach the laser. i hope you enjoy it :) :)

2q3b3it.jpg

i3zcwi.jpg

spyw5e.jpg

2q3b3it.jpg

i3zcwi.jpg

spyw5e.jpg

well here i made the upper part of the bio

i need some ideas for paint i thought to leave the bondo holes looks like battle damage, but i don't know really

any ideas guys?

6e0j0g.jpg

104hzyt.jpg

6e0j0g.jpg

104hzyt.jpg

Looks like its coming on well! Keep the bondo holes, think about it a real predator wouldn't always have a perfect bio if hes hunting. Buy some primer first and do a few coats so the paint can stick better.

Looks like its coming on well! Keep the bondo holes, think about it a real predator wouldn't always have a perfect bio if hes hunting. Buy some primer first and do a few coats so the paint can stick better.

thanks mate!!!

well i finished the bio, a hard work!!!! i will give a coat of primer and think about the color

guys how it looks? opinions? :)

1z6cy2f.jpg

5cxd1i.jpg

214jls.jpg

ulyk5.jpg

1z6cy2f.jpg

5cxd1i.jpg

214jls.jpg

ulyk5.jpg

Hey Scorpion,

Not sure if you checked out my thread. I replied to your question on there but if you missed it I'll post it on here too. I painted the foamies with spray paint. The colors I'm using are Krylon Hammered: brown, silver, and black. Hope this helps! Awesome job on the bio it turned out really good keep up the good work.

Pretty sweet. I think you got some pretty good details there for body filler. Just hold the sander on a spot for just a second can screw it all up. Nice job :)
The hammered paint should look real nice on it.

updating work!!!!

here is the gauntlet in progress i was looking for some perfection but as you said predators has some damage on the armour so i've follow the advice of you, guys and leave holes in the bondo so it looks like battle damage

2uqypo9.jpg

3309q8h.jpg

2zqvrjd.jpg

2uqypo9.jpg

3309q8h.jpg

2zqvrjd.jpg

updating my gauntlet

i build this part with some pics as reference but i made a different design i like how it looks!!!

opinions? :D

308iixu.jpg

308iixu.jpg

hey guys here i have more progress !!!!!!!

i finished the upper part of the gauntlet well (i don't know the exact word) i made a few lines on the sides and top

31_03_10_1904.jpg

31_03_10_1859.jpg

31_03_10_1901.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back