My first pepakura.red hood and the outlaws.

Just finished the clear. Looks like glass. Need to give it a buff to get out any imperfections in my crappy clearing job. Wish people would reply on this to know it is more then just me who likes this.
And the picture is the one I'd like to build next but not sure how to start.
Love these pictures looks like a chrome mask coated in blood. Just the way I imagined it.
Rebornee
This is amazing!!! I can't wait until I can do something like that! :)

the step by step for me was as follows.
1-read as much as I can on what to do and use.
2-buy the file
3-cut out file
4-crazy glue the mask up
5-three layers of resin on the outside
6-fiberglass the inside
7-about twenty thin coats of bondo hand sanding each one to keep the shape
8-spot putty
9-three heavy coats of primer sealer with a light sand
10-three coats of black
11-three coats of clear
12-a couple coats of mirra chrome from alsa then wipe with a soft cloth to a mirror finish
13-House of Kolor intercoat clear
14-a lot of layers of HOK candy apple red and candy wine
15-four or five layers of clear
16-polish out fine imperfections( will be a bit to learn)
17-buff and put in the display
Thanks to tons of people on this site for all the info.
Everyone was so happy to give tips.
And special thanks to BlackKoas for the file, what a great base to start from at an awesome price.
Rebornee

What did you use to buff and polish the mask? This looks awesome!

On your other question the how to I saw said to put a layer of resin then put in the fiberglass which will hold it in place then put more coats over it to smooth out. Fukken wax and a soft cloth.
Rebornee

Last edited:
This helmet is insanely awesome!!! I'd love to have one of this design, but with the lenses in it as well. Too bad you aren't doing commission work...I don't have the time to do it myself, but i have a lot of $$$ for someone that does!!!

Again, outstanding work man!!!

Just finished the clear. Looks like glass. Need to give it a buff to get out any imperfections in my crappy clearing job. Wish people would reply on this to know it is more then just me who likes this.
And the picture is the one I'd like to build next but not sure how to start.
Love these pictures looks like a chrome mask coated in blood. Just the way I imagined it.
Rebornee

Looks great, here's some updated pics of my build. redhoodcos2.jpgredhoodcos1.jpg
and I finally gor around to making gauntlets
redhoodcos3.jpg

I'm making a Red Hood helmet for my boyfriend. Right now I'm at the bondo stage. Do you have any tips to get the top so nice and round and smooth (other than patience and sandpaper)? Mine's still very angular. Thanks! Yours looks amazing!

I'm making a Red Hood helmet for my boyfriend. Right now I'm at the bondo stage. Do you have any tips to get the top so nice and round and smooth (other than patience and sandpaper)? Mine's still very angular. Thanks! Yours looks amazing!

Hey Elisande. Just FYI, this topic is pretty old (started back in 2012), so you might not get a response from the topic author depending on how active they may or may not still be on the forums. Just something to watch for when searching through forums.

As long as I'm here though: patience and sandpaper is really the best option for getting the shape you want. Lower grit sand paper can make this process faster, but you have to be more cautious since each stroke will wear away more material. You could also use an orbital sander, but again, with that being a power tool you have to be more cautious since the material will wear away at a faster pace. And as for getting rid of angles: I suggest applying Bondo to the flat areas that you want to be rounder, so you can start to build those up so you have enough material to sand out to a round shape.

Hope that helps a bit!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back