My first Mecha kit...

RickDTM

Sr Member
My first Mech. Be gentle.... :D I had a great time doing this. It's definitely a change from painting figures.. Took me a while to figure out which way to go...anyway...he's about 4" tall.

Geara1Final.JPG

Geara2Final.JPG

Geara3Final.JPG

Really nice paint job. Can you explain your process / technique? Any build-up photos available? Can I be more of a pest? :D

Thanx fellas.

Sorry BSquirrel, I didn't take any in-progress shots on this little guy, but wampa hit it, it's a Kondo version Geara Doga.

I added extra zimmerit to his knees and rear skirt to give it some more detail. Painting wise, he was based in Tamiya Buff, then given washes of Sepia and Van Dyke Brown watercolors. Once the watercolors were dry, I used a damp brush to move them around until I was happy w/ the look. After that, I airbrushed Golden Titan Buff into the center of each panel to lightly highlight it. The rest of the weathering was done w/ pastels and then a final airbrushing of Golden Shading Gray for the smoke stains.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back