My first ever bio-helmet 90% finished. UPDATED!

KalleKatten

This is the first time I ever make something like this. I'm also working on a Predator mask (pics comes later) and I've never done a mask in my entire life!

This bio is made out of epoxy putty. I noticed that it's not the best material to work with, but it was okay to begin with.

The most of you probably make yours in epoxy resin, but I don't know what it's called in swedish :c

Well, tell me what you think of my first bio ever! :D

First I sculpted the Bio in clay.

Covered it with plaster strips, about 3 layers

Took the plaster "mold" and pressed the epoxy putty (Aluminum) on the inside of the "mold

Sanded it, cut the eyes out and put a primer on it.

And painted it.

I will fix the laser and such later, and the lens too.

Hope you all like it :p

Thanks!
KalleKatten

!!UPDATE!!

I decided I was not happy with the paint on the Bio because I put on glossy finish so it was TOO glossy. Not so much in the pics, but IRL.

So I re-painted it ant put some aluminum net in the "eyes".

Tell me what you think :)

/KalleKatten

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW !! Way to go buddy, it looks awesome, nice weathering on it. Are you planning on drilling holes to fit your lasers also??

Again great job bro..

WOW !! Way to go buddy, it looks awesome, nice weathering on it. Are you planning on drilling holes to fit your lasers also??

Again great job bro..

Thanks man!
I think I will make some kind of "plate" to fit the lasers in, and then make a triangular hole in the bio to fit the laser plate in :) If you have a better advice, please feel free to share if you want :D

Good looking bio for a first try :popcorn:

For the laser shrouds, try searching on ebay.co.uk for "tri laser shroud set". They're pretty cheap on there, not sure what the postage would be to you but wouldn't think it'd be that much.

Not sure who makes them or if they're members on the lair but there are a couple on there. Hope that helps

interesting method to make a mold and cast. you actually got pretty good detail from the bandages. kudos!

I like the idea of pressing the putty into the mold. Could apply this method to alot of things. Small armor parts. Laser shrouds etc... Very inventive! Awesome helmet for a first try, not a bad second post either!!

Way to go newbie!! well.... newbie... not anymore!

I like the idea of pressing the putty into the mold. Could apply this method to alot of things. Small armor parts. Laser shrouds etc... Very inventive! Awesome helmet for a first try, not a bad second post either!!

Way to go newbie!! well.... newbie... not anymore!

Well, since I've never done anything like this before, I don't know what really to use. I hear everyone talking about epoxy resin, but it's called something else in Sweden and I cant find the right name for it.
So I thought, since I'm new at this, it would be okay if my costume don't turn out perfect :popcorn:

interesting method to make a mold and cast. you actually got pretty good detail from the bandages. kudos!

I was actually gonna make the mask out of plaster strips, but on second thoughts, that would have been to cheap and fragile, so then I found this awesome material :popcorn:

Good looking bio for a first try :eek:

For the laser shrouds, try searching on ebay.co.uk for "tri laser shroud set". They're pretty cheap on there, not sure what the postage would be to you but wouldn't think it'd be that much.

Not sure who makes them or if they're members on the lair but there are a couple on there. Hope that helps

Thanks bro! I'll check it out :popcorn:

i must say i think you did good for a first try. i mean i dont have much room to talk because ive never done one either but
i really do plan on it. i cant wait till i start.

congrats on your first attempt bud.

just incase you would like to know. my friend FastBurst is building a few tri-lasers that you might want to check out. im gonna buy
one off of him. just lettin you know.

annyways good job o_O

i must say i think you did good for a first try. i mean i dont have much room to talk because ive never done one either but
i really do plan on it. i cant wait till i start.

congrats on your first attempt bud. :D

just incase you would like to know. my friend FastBurst is building a few tri-lasers that you might want to check out. im gonna buy
one off of him. just lettin you know.

annyways good job o_O

Thanks I'm pretty pleased myself. And good news for me, I just found out what epoxy resin is in swedish so next time I will use that instead of putty.

I'll check it out, maybe I'll buy one too I just got my laser shrouds from don_jarr @ eBay so I'll install one later

Now these are the kind of posts that I really enjoy-- people trying new and different techniques that may or may not have been tried before, but great results.
Your skills will just get better and better as you progress. I commend you on your initiative and using what you could use. Keep up the great work and we look forward to seeing more of what you have to offer from Sweden!!
Great Job!

ok. great job again.

im looking forward to seeing more bios made by you o_O

Thanks I'd like to see you try it on, see what ideas and inspirational design you'll come up with I think you'd make something awesome!
As long as people got the spirit and love doing what they're doing, there's alot of appreciation from the people around you

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back