My First Bio

HYDE

hey fellas how's things,

So this is my first attempt at painting up a bio, and im looking for opinions from those who know better :)
I picked it up last week from gerard from mysteria models, and this is the second colour its had on in a week as the first was too silvery, now im thinking it could be a little dark, any thoughts guys.

AVPBio028.jpg

AVPBio022.jpg

many thanks.

HYDE

P.S camera work is not my thing as you can tell

I like it too, I think it's the "Right" level of metallic. If you went more matte it would look like pewter and if you went more metallic it would look like a car. So I say :)

the colour is, an undercoat of Hammerite smooth silver, then on top a lightly sponged on coat of boltgun metal with a little extra black in it.

Thanks for the comments guys i think it will stay this colour now.

also when you guys paint up a bio, what do you do to finish the inside off ?
as at the moment ive lined the inside of it with accoustic carpet to tidy it up a little

cheers.

I think I might have added a black wash followed by boltgun drybrush and then a very light drybrush with Mithril silver. Looks very good though, just a few ideas to help pick out the peaks. This is just a really big lemanruss after all, lol.

Your welcome. i am a bit of a nut for washes. i love them. I tend to go the more weathered and beat up look, lots of browns, chestnuts and oranges. That said if you get tired of dumping a ton of money on the little pots of paint you can use stain found at the local hardware store. Ps. Also works great for painting 100 skeletons.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back