My first Bio attempt

Lowdmekon

Sr Member
Hi All,

This is my first Bio build. I'm not the greatest sculpter but I aim to build up to sculpting a full Pred head for my Bio.

I've started sculpting a hockey mask and cast it in plaster for fibre glassing, has anyone got any tips for casting as I'ill be doing the same for my Bio so I can have a fibreglass one.

I've repeated what I did for my Jason mask and used thick card, gaffer tape and papier machie for the basis for my Bio and added foam sheets for the rim.

I've got to use airdryclay to add the sweepin lines and curves and details.

What do you guys think ? its kind of a P1 base Bio. All comments welcome.

Also can someone please tell me how to add a wicked signiture ?

PLASTERING027.jpg

PLASTERING028.jpg

PLASTERING029.jpg

PLASTERING032.jpg

PLASTERING033.jpg

Great start on this Bio, keep up the work and in no time you will be a sculpting fool! lol. As far as the sig goes there are a few guys here that would make you one, and all you do is add it to your signature editor on your profile, and there you have it!

nice start. if you can, extend out the top more. you got a good start but ive got numerous Bios and the crown-top is always an illusion.its much longer than it seems.

good stuff,keep it up.
oh yea, if your gonna make casts of this you wont be taking a plaster negative of it.gotta be silicone to be able to "flex" out the item.if you do all that work and pour plaster over it,youll have to break it out,thus rendering the whole project junk.

Update,

I've started to clay up my bio using Newclay reinforced air drying model clay. I bought a 4.5 KG tub from fleebay to see how I get on with it.

Its got nylon in it and smooths out really easy. Its not sticky at all like DAS, does anyone know if I can sand it like DAS clay? I hope so or its car filler here we come.

It's kinda becoming a more a 1 off bio I think as its not come out close enough to P1 as much as I'd hoped. Quite a long jaw line and higher cheek bulges.

I'm gonna rethink the crown part and make it more bespoke with a hint of P1

All comments welcome !! :)

Stuff017.jpg

Stuff019.jpg

It's always cool to see really out of the box and innovative ways of doing things. This place is awesome for that. good work.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back