my first 1:1 scale clay sculpt

natty15d

ill bet this is not quite what you were expecting to see when you read the title, but im pretty happy with it LOL

made this for one of my nephews, my wife made another one for our other nephew but ill save you the horror of looking at that one ;) lol

That movie is great. My boys and I whatch it over and over. I think they said it took five years to film. Nice work.

Ya I saw that "how to" on the DVD and wanted to try it myself...looks like great fun...and yours turned out really well. The colors are spot on. Can you share the details about the kind of clays you used? ;) How tall is he?

:cheers,

Thomas

Originally posted by SithLord@Apr 17 2006, 05:29 PM
Ya I saw that "how to" on the DVD and wanted to try it myself...looks like great fun...and yours turned out really well. The colors are spot on. Can you share the details about the kind of clays you used? ;) How tall is he?

:cheers,

Thomas
[snapback]1227903[/snapback]​

Thanks ob1al, Boba Frett, Cyberman,Darth Detroit, Penwiper, Wampa
Yes it is TMP

Sithlord, thanks, the figure is roughly 105-110mm high, i dont have the figure now to measure as i gave it to one of my nephews at the weekend. i built the wire armature just as per the dvd & propotioned the figure as best i could.
i used "Claydium" a fibrereinforced air drying clay that can be oven baked on a wire armature. fired him 30mins at 110C
the paints are by Games workshop, im sure it was citadel grey for the body, white for the tail & eyes, a dark blue for the eyes & i just mixed up a pink for the nose and ears.

Nathan

absolutley love it. I thought about trying to make gromit and a rabbit or two after i saw the movie a few times. forgot about it since then. yours looks great. loved the movie. Good work.

:D

Really nice sculpt there, Nathan. It looks dead-on to the movie. I bought the movie shortly after we adopted two rabbits of our own. That reminds me, I have to watch that again sometime soon...

Thanks for posting the mini-tutorial. I was thinking about doing something like that too, just got lost in the day-to-day tasks. You've inspired me to add it to my list of things to do.

-Chris

:lol Thats a coincidence, as i just molded a toy of that same rabbit in silicone so i could make more of them for my Son who has a few of the new Wallace and Gromit figures.

Keith.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back