My finished Merr Sonn Power 5

7-11 Jedi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,

I just finished building my Merr Sonn Power 5. The whole thing is hardware, except for the resin cast emitter and the mauser, which I found in the prop shop at the dinner theatre where I work. I thought it would work great for this gun because it was solid cast in metal, and painted black, so I cleaned it all up, and went to work on it. Total cost, about $11. I took a few liberties with the greeblies, because I couldn't find perfectly clear pictures, but I think it came out great. And I included the "Q-tips" and the T track on the top, which is hard to see in the picture, but in real life, it looks great. Mad props to my girlfriend for coming up with how to make those, she found the little rubber tips off a bunjee cord, and I used a few pieces of wire coat hanger, and they look sweet.

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/power5.JPG[/image]
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/power5a.JPG[/image]

Let me know what you think,

Cheers.

-SE

<div class='quotetop'>(7-11 Jedi @ Jun 11 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]1260270[/snapback]</div>
The whole thing is harware, except for the mauser,

-SE
[/b]

Even the emitter? How'd you do it?

Nicely done.

I had one of BD's built Merr-Sonn's as well as a pull of the original (supposedly) in resin and I can say you did a hell of a job on yours. It looks wonderful.

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jun 11 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]1260273[/snapback]</div>
Even the emitter? How'd you do it?

[/b]

Oops, the emitter is a resin cast...

Sorry, will edit the first post.

Cheers.

-SE

7-11 Jedi,

The prop looks fantastic. I'm not familiar enough with every little detail of this piece to say what is "correct" and what is "creative". But you certainly captured the spirit of the weapon. I imagine you had a good time making this one.

Ted.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back