My Dark City Memory Syringe

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

LeoFirebrand

I saw a post the other day for a build of a dark city syringe that has been in the process for some time and it got me wanting one of my own so I decided to give it a shot. As with most of my projects, I used paper as the primary building material. I ended up using some craft wire and plastic putty for the finger rings, a turkey baster for the glass tube, and a paperclip for the needle.

While I was unable to make it spring open I was able to make the wings open and close manually and the plunger telesopes in and out. You can see more pics at my website:

Firebrand Creations

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

vtswordfish

Sr Member
Looks good! You don't see a lot of Dark City stuff anymore, which reminds me, I should watch it again sometime soon!

LeoFirebrand

Thanks for the comments. Yeah basic materials are pretty much all I use. My primary hobby is collecting hobbies so I often have to spread my Entertainment expenses accross a large area. Ergo, inexpensive mediums.

So far I have been surprised with how few project simply can't be done with paper. Basically the only real hurdles are organic shapes and overly spherical shapes.

My current goal is to find a way to make paper hold up to silcone molding well enough to make resin copies. The bigest problem is trying to push paper into clay without it deforming.

Amish Trooper

Sr Member
Dreaminspired made a helmet from paper and my bud Skygunbro molded it so resin casts could be made. Maybe pm SGB and he could give you a few tips. I know he mentioned it was a pain to create the mold.