My Custom Carded George Lucas 6" Figure

I was able to mount the card images today. I used a thicker piece of plastic from a For Sale sign as a base to give the card some weight and rigidness. I took a Sharpie to the edges to cover the white so you can't see it from the side. I also finished the clapper board, I think it will add to the piece. Just need to work on the bubbles next........

IMG_9133.JPG

IMG_9138.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9137.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9139.JPG
    IMG_9139.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
Thats looking good. Although I find the info on the clapper odd as that camera was designed for 2002s Attack of the Clones....Yet I also understand wanting to go with the original date of filming Star Wars.

Thats looking good. Although I find the info on the clapper odd as that camera was designed for 2002s Attack of the Clones....Yet I also understand wanting to go with the original date of filming Star Wars.
Thanks, yeah, I wasn’t too picky with accuracy. It’s an older George, so just wanted to add the clapper board as a bit of nostalgia. Just think of it as an artifact……

Last edited:
This looks fantastic!! The only comment I have is that figures are normally set on a vacuformed backing inside the bubble.

Thanks. But I was going for a retro look similar to the figures sold in the late 70s, those didn't have trays and had card inserts between the legs. This is displayed next to some of my vintage carded figures so it fits in the collection nicely.

Thanks!

And with that, this is a wrap. I think it looks good, I'm real happy with how it turned out. It has a vintage feel and displays very nice with my other figures. I'd love to meet George one day and have him sign this!

View attachment 1676778

View attachment 1676779

View attachment 1676780

View attachment 1676781

Awesome!

You should also include a hammer among the accessories along with a bootleg copy of The Star Wars Holiday Special

“NOW WITH HOLIDAY SPECIAL SMASHING ACTION!!”

IMG_2737.jpeg

Thanks. But I was going for a retro look similar to the figures sold in the late 70s, those didn't have trays and had card inserts between the legs. This is displayed next to some of my vintage carded figures so it fits in the collection nicely.
Oh! Well, I didn't know that, and that fact makes this even cooler! :D

Great job on this project, AZHEAT01! This is like the 'fantasy Aurora kit' boxes that some folks have produced, however goes further by actually having the product included, not just the packaging.
When you mentioned meeting George and getting his signature on it, I occurred to me how nice it would be to have a second one you could give him... though, likely he has just a **little** memorabilia already!
;^)
Regards, Robert

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back