My (Cameron's) Avatar Neytiri sculpture WIP, FINISHED! pics on post 159

Re: My (Cameron's) Avatar sculpture WIP

No comments on the "outfit", but the updates are really good. Like the new position of her rear stretched arm much better.

I only have two pictures showing those leggings, but if you shoot me a pm with your mail, I can send them to you. Not sure if they would help much.

I just noticed that there an inaccuracy in the face. The nose and upper lip should angle further out than you have it, so it matches this profile shot more:

jake_sully_neytiri_wide-wide.jpg

I just noticed that there an inaccuracy in the face. The nose and upper lip should angle further out than you have it, so it matches this profile shot more:

jake_sully_neytiri_wide-wide.jpg
Thanks, I am one for the details, and I am considering changing the facial expression. The more reference I look at I can see some subtle changes I'd like to make. Not neceesarily a snarling mad face but more intense gaze. thanks for the pic.

You're welcome. Anything to help improve an already awesome sculpt.

I found a picture online of a low quality computer model that showed the leggings, though, could simply be a fan interpretation. Also have the picture you are sculpting after in 3508x1973x24b in case you didn't have it that large.

Any progress on this beauty?!
DSC03294.jpg

DSC03297.jpg

Progress pics. I had to put this on hold while I work on another commision. But I am still picking at it. I see making changes to the face, and I am custom making her necklace out of real feathers and hemp rope and beads, looks awesome. Pics to come of that soon. Also getting ready to special order real hair micro braids.

Sounds great...love what you did with the added details and "clothes" :)

Can't wait to see more progress.....This is coming along really great..

Tell me do you maybe plan to cast it and make a run, or is this personal sculpture?!
I'm just curious....

Either way, love this thread :)

Sounds great...love what you did with the added details and "clothes" :)

Can't wait to see more progress.....This is coming along really great..

Tell me do you maybe plan to cast it and make a run, or is this personal sculpture?!
I'm just curious....

Either way, love this thread :)
Thanks for your comments and interest. I started this project more as a personal sculpt, that's why it's out of apoxie sculpt so I didn't have to mold it, BUT if there was enough interest.....maybe. It'd be great if someone from Sideshow saw it and wanted to pick it up for a licensed run, just hoping.

Looking good. Hope you don't mind me commenting on this, but there's something wrong with the angle of that backwards bent arm. It looks unnatural how it extends from the shoulder. Below is a suggestion, along with an alteration that requires a cut at the elbow and then the slight rotation of the lower arm. This may make the arm look less strained and unnatural.

You may not agree and I may be off with this observation, so if you are cool with how it looks, then that's all that matters.

Looking forward to seeing the work on the face. :thumbsup

Looking good. Hope you don't mind me commenting on this, but there's something wrong with the angle of that backwards bent arm. It looks unnatural how it extends from the shoulder. Below is a suggestion, along with an alteration that requires a cut at the elbow and then the slight rotation of the lower arm. This may make the arm look less strained and unnatural.

You may not agree and I may be off with this observation, so if you are cool with how it looks, then that's all that matters.

Looking forward to seeing the work on the face. :thumbsup
Thanks so much for your careful observations. I post my WIP's to get this kind of feedback. It's always good to get outside critiques. I have struggled with that arm position. If you look at the early pics you can see where I broke it twice for repositioning. I like your suggestion and may implement it. Thanks.

My best suggestion would be to try to get into that position and see what feels natural and then have someone photograph it. Sure, it may look stupid, but who cares as long as you get good reference to work from.

Thanks for your comments and interest. I started this project more as a personal sculpt, that's why it's out of apoxie sculpt so I didn't have to mold it, BUT if there was enough interest.....maybe. It'd be great if someone from Sideshow saw it and wanted to pick it up for a licensed run, just hoping.

Well, it's not hard getting interested when sculpt is so beautiful! ;)

I bet you could get some fairly nice interest in it if you offer it for a run (considering the price). But as you said, imagine if SS picked it up for a licensed run..that would be really great!

Just keep it up, and share the progress..

Haven't posted in a while due to being delayed on this project to do a commission, but here's what I've done with the necklace. (Actually my wife helped me make it:))
DSC03347.jpg

DSC03346.jpg

I was just about to bump the thread and ask if there is any news?! :)

Love the necklace, the size matches nicely, and looks way more natural then what sculpted one would look :)

Looking forward to see more progress when you get some time!

Any news?! :)

I really like this project, it would be shame to let it die!

Just got my micro braids in this weekend, and they look really good. Very close to scale. Cost me $50 bucks but well work it, no way I could have braided them all and stayed sane. All that's left is to do some minor improvements on the face, then she's ready for paint, or to be cut up for molding.
Is there any interest in this as a kit? PM me.
I know this project has dragged on, but I've been busy with commissions, popping out a few of my iron man lidz, taun tauns, etc...been busy. But I hope to get this finished up real soon.
Thanks for your continued interest and compliments!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back