My attempt at the Arkham Knight build.

GraphikFX

Hello all,

This is my first real attempt at cosplay fabrication and I'm really excited so far. I started with the bracers but stopped due to lack of a 360 view. Now that I have the game, I can continue. I've just completed the construction of the helmet and nothing is attached yet because I have to figure out painting it. I should be starting the LED wiring very soon. I created all my own templates based on the video game concept. Although I'm now considering pepakura files for the rest, assuming I can figure out how to do the scaling (which if someone wouldn't mind giving me a few pointers, I would really really appreciate it.)

Attachments

• 20150813_160102.jpg
    20150813_160102.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 172
  • 20150813_160202.jpg
    20150813_160202.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 182
Thanks Clint! I'm still concerned on how it will turn out with this being my first try and all. I'll be posting the bracers as soon as I finish them.

Looks great dude, what size did you scale it to? I had mine 3d printed with the length at 300mm and it came out too small for my elbow to fit,

Oddly enough, I didn't have to change the scale it was set to. I've checked the chest as well and it's the same. fits perfect. Good thing too because I have yet to figure out re-scaling.

Oddly enough, I didn't have to change the scale it was set to. I've checked the chest as well and it's the same. fits perfect. Good thing too because I have yet to figure out re-scaling.

Changing the size isnt too hard, click on 2d menu, choose adjust scale (or something to that effect) then you can either choose increase /decrease by 10% or manually input the dimensions, only downside being hat you can only change one dimension and the rest automatically changes to suit. Height lengh and width are displayed bottom right of the 2d screen. You can also check distances by right clicking in the 2d window and click on point to point measurement, you can then click 2 points on the 3d window and it will give to the measurement in mm, very handy for if you need to add in extra supports like I did with my shin pieces

Changing the size isnt too hard, click on 2d menu, choose adjust scale (or something to that effect) then you can either choose increase /decrease by 10% or manually input the dimensions, only downside being hat you can only change one dimension and the rest automatically changes to suit. Height lengh and width are displayed bottom right of the 2d screen. You can also check distances by right clicking in the 2d window and click on point to point measurement, you can then click 2 points on the 3d window and it will give to the measurement in mm, very handy for if you need to add in extra supports like I did with my shin pieces

I figured out the measuring tool. I'll have to play with the resizing though. Thanks for the tip!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back