My ANH Kenny Baker R2-D2 Build

My guess would be that someone made an HP out of aluminium, including the grasps because it was easier to machine them than to injection mold a separate plastic part, and then everyone just thought they were too dang pretty to die. Er, paint. I've got an alu HP on my Scrubber-Zilla and it definitely hurt a little to pour "grime" all over it.

Yeah, you're probably right. I mean, I get it - the machined nozzles do look super spiffy in shiny metal. And when the Astromech stuff got started, consumer resin 3D printers weren't available. It takes an extra-dedicated person like zorg to go all out!

Nowadays, however, we can print exact replicas of the Viscount reading lamps using the laser-scanned data from Robert Jackson, so if you do want screen accuracy it's pretty easy. :) I also 3D modelled a replica a while ago replicating the crack and split damage seen on many holos, for extra nerdiness!

here is the dome right now, blue panels are just sitting in the recesses not bonded on yet.
i redid the scratches on the psi surround from the previous pic. parts have not had any weathering done yet.
fEBj4N5.jpg

P32BIAE.jpg

i got all the feet and leg parts in etch primer ready for the white. still have to paint the blue on the octo ports and power couplers.
i feel like i'm taking 1 step forward 2 steps back due to the weather. getting micro blisters in some painted parts due to the moisture in the air,
i have to work outside and i'm just grabbing an hour or 2 between rain showers, pathetic situation but its all i have right now. if i had a heated indoor area he would be finished by now.

z

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back