My $250 "Bucky Rescue" Captain America

Did I make it 2.5"? If I did, I might go with 2" the next time, because if you scroll to the top here, you can compare my A with the one on the actual helmet, and I think mine ended up a little large and a little tall. Also I don't know why, but the extra bold I added may also not be a great idea. I overlaid the letter directly over the original though in Photoshop when I was making it though, so I'm not sure why the real one should appear to have thinner lines.

Also I got the color totally wrong. The real helmet and the one in the film is a much darker blue. I'm not sure why the one in the promo shot I used is so light but they they're auctioning some stuff from the film off and I saw the real helmet in the background of a shot under normal light.

Hey i'm working on a heater shield myself and really hope you can help me out.....I need to find the dimensions and sizes of the 3 stars. I've got the red and white down and before I do the blue I need to know the specs. If you can help a fellow RPF member out it would be greatly appreciated. (width of the stars/size of the stars, distance from arm of star to the side of the shield, and distance between the stars) any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sure thing!

The small stars are 3.5" wide/tall.
The large star is 5 3/4".

The tips of the small stars are 1 1/2" from the edge of the shield.
The large star is centered of course and the tip is 1 3/4" from the top of the shield.

The bottoms of all the stars are aligned and 1/2" from the bottom of the blue region.
The blue region is around 7 7/8" tall at the center and 5 1/2" at the sides.

Keep in mind these measurements are from my shield with the point on top. If your shield is curved or not of the same dimensions as mine then you may need to adjust them.

this has been the best thread, hands down, for vintage shield info! because of you, i'm now able to finish my costume with near screen accurate pieces.

Thank you sswift!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back