My 1st suit build.......& tutorial

vini

I have now completed my gauntlets & thought I'd share the process with you.
I know there are already a few gauntlet tutorials on here, but I suppose one more can't hurt!

Here we go........

Materials list:

Pringles cans (rescued from the bin!)
Foamies (£1 for 25 sheets at Poundland.....BARGAIN!)
Contact adhesive (£4)
Bath overflow pipe (I'm a plumber)
Left over bits of roll mat from my armour
Thick card
Balsa (had some lying around)
Hammerite
Silver spray paint (£1........Poundland again)
Duct tape(£1.........Poundland YET again)
Vinmanmacs' templates..........A MUST HAVE ITEM!

16022010467.jpg

Cut the pringles can to suit the shape & size of your forearm, then tape in a flat piece of card to fill the gap

16022010468.jpg

17022010470.jpg

Attatch card to suit whichever shape you need to take the wristblades, & mount the bomb.

18022010473.jpg

18022010474.jpg

Using Vinmans templates, make the bomb & lid from balsa.......

18022010475.jpg

19022010481.jpg

......& also the bath waste, split in two, & the other gauntlet details, from foamies

27022010506.jpg

27022010511.jpg

Paint 1st in silver, then with the hammerite

02042010545.jpg

02042010547.jpg

02042010548.jpg

02042010544.jpg

Attatch the wristblades (made from card & foamies)........then get No 1 Son to model them, so you can admire & photograph your handiwork!

I hope this is useful, I had a lot of fun with these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see another hunter working with foamies and card board. I'm currently working on my gauntlets as well. Keep it up!

When you keep referring to "card", I'm assuming you mean cardBOARD, correct? I just want to make sure you're not referring to some type of plastic or balsa wood or anything to that effect.

Correctamundo! I do indeed mean cardboard, I used the box from a Guitar Hero controller, mainly because I had one lying around, & also it is fairly thick, so therefore quite rigid, but also thin enough to be easy to work with. I scored the cardboard with a scalpel before I bent it into shape. You could also use an old board game board. I think this sort of card works better than corrugated.
I did also use balsa sheets on the bomb gaunt.

Vini

Correctamundo! I do indeed mean cardboard, I used the box from a Guitar Hero controller, mainly because I had one lying around, & also it is fairly thick, so therefore quite rigid, but also thin enough to be easy to work with. I scored the cardboard with a scalpel before I bent it into shape. You could also use an old board game board. I think this sort of card works better than corrugated.
I did also use balsa sheets on the bomb gaunt.

Vini

Very cool, thank you. Now if I can just find a P1 template (the AVP one looks cool but I'm old-school and really want to do P1!)

I used the pringle Can technique as well, lol work well dont they. wouldnt even know they were there. now thats how the Lair is Eco Friendly. haha

hey question do your gauntlets split on the underside of the pringles can or do you have it so that your hand just slides in and out????? tryin to figure out easiest way to do mine
HeadHunter 2099 (colton)
I have now completed my gauntlets & thought I'd share the process with you.
I know there are already a few gauntlet tutorials on here, but I suppose one more can't hurt!

Here we go........

Materials list:

Pringles cans (rescued from the bin!)
Foamies (£1 for 25 sheets at Poundland.....BARGAIN!)
Contact adhesive (£4)
Bath overflow pipe (I'm a plumber)
Left over bits of roll mat from my armour
Thick card
Balsa (had some lying around)
Hammerite
Silver spray paint (£1........Poundland again)
Duct tape(£1.........Poundland YET again)
Vinmanmacs' templates..........A MUST HAVE ITEM!

Cut the pringles can to suit the shape & size of your forearm, then tape in a flat piece of card to fill the gap

Attatch card to suit whichever shape you need to take the wristblades, & mount the bomb.

Using Vinmans templates, make the bomb & lid from balsa.......

......& also the bath waste, split in two, & the other gauntlet details, from foamies

Paint 1st in silver, then with the hammerite

Attatch the wristblades (made from card & foamies)........then get No 1 Son to model them, so you can admire & photograph your handiwork!

I hope this is useful, I had a lot of fun with these.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey question do your gauntlets split on the underside of the pringles can or do you have it so that your hand just slides in and out????? tryin to figure out easiest way to do mine
HeadHunter 2099 (colton)

No splits, they just slide over my forearm, make sure you allow enough room for the thickness of your suit, other wise it may be a wee bit tight!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back