Munsters Rob Zombies new film

With all the other remakes over the past 58 years that failed, why did Zombie think he could do anything better? Oh wait, it's Rob Zombie and his wife . I'm glad it failed.

Aren't B level horror movies Rob Zombie's schtick?

Sounds like he was successful at turning the Munsters in a B movie then?
It wasn’t even B level horror. It almost felt like an extended opening of an anthology horror series, like Monsters, Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Dark side, or even the opening of Svengoolie show… but not in a “cool retro nod of respect”, sort of way. It was just horrible.

Pity. I recommend the pinball game from Stern however based on original show. . Just find the version with the under playfield lab.

I have a coworker who is very vocal in her hatred of Rob Zombie's films. Shes pretty negative about a lot actually. I've not heard her even mention this movie.....not sure what her thoughts on the original show is, but still, I better be ready for a good 30 minutes of bashing if I do mention it.

I've seen other Rob Zombie movies, and they're not my cup of tea, but you could sit through them. But this this thing, argh. Does Rob do drugs ?

Maybe an animated movie would have been better .. I can't think of any modern actors or actresses to cast live action !

I made it about 30 mins, mostly fast fwd'd. This thing makes Transylvania 6/5000 look like Citizen Kane !

View attachment 1620856
D1CDF6C5-84D4-46D6-A9AC-145D6E44B42E.gif

Well then he should have said it's an hour an half too long! That would have been a good joke!
I didn't think that it was that bad. I've definitely seen worse. My main issue with it was that it seemed like Rob Zombie couldn't decide whether it was supposed to be a parody or an homage. And the actors did a decent job with what they were given but were inconsistent. In some scenes, they felt spot on and just like the original actors while at other times it felt like they were trying too hard to be like the original cast members. Except for the actor that played Grandpa Munster, he was pretty consistent and really did a good job in channeling Al Lewi's Grandpa.

I think that the inherent problem with these sorts of remakes is trying to walk that fine line in making something original with the source material while at the same time trying to stay true to the original. Stay too faithful and it seems like a cheap copy of the original or a pointless remake. Stray too far from the original and it becomes too much of its own thing so why bother with the remake then? Damned if you, damned if you don't.

I didn't think that it was that bad. I've definitely seen worse. My main issue with it was that it seemed like Rob Zombie couldn't decide whether it was supposed to be a parody or an homage. And the actors did a decent job with what they were given but were inconsistent. In some scenes, they felt spot on and just like the original actors while at other times it felt like they were trying too hard to be like the original cast members. Except for the actor that played Grandpa Munster, he was pretty consistent and really did a good job in channeling Al Lewi's Grandpa.

I think that the inherent problem with these sorts of remakes is trying to walk that fine line in making something original with the source material while at the same time trying to stay true to the original. Stay too faithful and it seems like a cheap copy of the original or a pointless remake. Stray too far from the original and it becomes too much of its own thing so why bother with the remake then? Damned if you, damned if you don't.
Would it not be better to be damned if you do,damned if you don’t by trying something new instead of remakes?

Back