Multiple ST Phaser builds: Insanity in the making, with a Communicator too!

You are welcome, Dennis Bailey. Thank You for designing it all. IMHO, I prefer Your designs to what was on the NG series with regards to the Enterprise -C. The C wasn't bad, but Yours was more of what I believe the C should have looked like. The new uniforms are superior to what was used in the episode. ( I realize that they used what they had due to their budget) Given Your talent, Dennis, I'd love to see what Your Tricorder, Phaser rifle and communicator would look like. Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!! Cheers!

Oh wow, someone revived my ancient thread that I totally forgot about. Sorry for abandoning all of you. Here are photos of the finished phasers. After finishing the two that I had mostly completed, I shipped those and the untouched phasers back to the client. Life drastically changed for me (in some not good ways), and I just couldn't fit commission work into my life. I've dabbled a bit here and there since then, and maybe in a few years I can get back into it on a regular basis. Sorry for the quality of the photos. They are very old and shot with a a borrowed Olympus digital camera. Remember those things!?

Attachments

• 20120830_150839.jpg
    20120830_150839.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 138
  • 20120830_150902.jpg
    20120830_150902.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 139
  • 20120830_150923.jpg
    20120830_150923.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
  • 20120830_150932.jpg
    20120830_150932.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
  • 20120830_150935.jpg
    20120830_150935.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 115
  • 20120830_151010.jpg
    20120830_151010.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 128
  • 20120830_151031.jpg
    20120830_151031.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
  • 20120830_151022.jpg
    20120830_151022.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
  • 20120830_151058.jpg
    20120830_151058.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I remember Olympus cameras, in fact my wife owns one of those AND a Nikon camera! The pictures look Great! I know that Scott still has the one model for sale on his site, I just can't afford it... I know what it is like to have life throw One a curveball as I have had it happen as well. You've done an EXCELLENT job on the Phasers, Good Sir.
That "curve ball" has set me up to live a reasonably decent life, but not with enough to afford luxurys like the phasers unless I build them my self from scratch. That's why, to use my Grandsons' term, I'm still "kicking it 'old school' ". LOL!!!

You are welcome, Dennis Bailey. Thank You for designing it all. IMHO, I prefer Your designs to what was on the NG series with regards to the Enterprise -C. The C wasn't bad, but Yours was more of what I believe the C should have looked like. The new uniforms are superior to what was used in the episode. ( I realize that they used what they had due to their budget) Given Your talent, Dennis, I'd love to see what Your Tricorder, Phaser rifle and communicator would look like. Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!! Cheers!
Thanks again.

FWIW, I did a more modern CG mesh of the ship about seven or eight years ago in Lightwave. I never got around to finishing lighting and texturing it, but here's as far as I got:

phoenix_beauty.jpg
phoenix_beauty2.jpg
phoenix_beauty3.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, Dennis Bailey!!!!!! When I get my Military Disability at the 1st of next month, I'll get some ink cartridges for my printer and print these out. They are INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to build a model of it "Old School" style., wood and plastic, You know? PLEASE finish this ship up. It fits into the "Lost Years" so well. Even unfinished, it beats most of the pros work ( except Doug Drexler... He is also a most excellent creator as well. Keep up the GREAT work, my Friend.

Cheers!!!!!!

Hi there, new guy here but I just wanted to pop in and say these phaser builds look awesome! I just started a TOS Phaser build yesterday and I went looking for others' builds for inspiration; I was not disappointed! Also, that USS Phoenix model looks FREAKING COOL!! I really dig that Phoenix phaser as well, particularly the grip shape. Now I can't wait to get back to my humble little project tomorrow, I intend on taking some photos and starting a thread.

Hi there, new guy here but I just wanted to pop in and say these phaser builds look awesome! I just started a TOS Phaser build yesterday and I went looking for others' builds for inspiration; I was not disappointed! Also, that USS Phoenix model looks FREAKING COOL!! I really dig that Phoenix phaser as well, particularly the grip shape. Now I can't wait to get back to my humble little project tomorrow, I intend on taking some photos and starting a thread.
Welcome Tristan. It's nice to have another fan of the "Phoenix" Phasers. IMHO, I think that the "Phoenix Phasers" are a darned sight nicer than even the "Search For Spock" Phasers. The SFS phasers, imho, got messed up when the late Leonard insisted on adding some "blinkies" on the top of Phaser 1. Why???? Because any opponent could see the light shining thereby telling one's opponent where the were. I don't know if You've seen the rest of the Phoenix's plans, but they are AWESOME!!!!!!!! Imo, they should have been the plans used for the "Enterprise-C" If You want the plans, contact Dennis Bailey. Cheers!

Thanks - the grip design of the Phoenix phasers is based directly on Andrew Probert's early drawing of the ST:TMP.

Right You are my Friend. It's been one of those days. In order to make one of these with electronics and sound effects, what Version of the Trek Phasers would You gut to put into the P1 and P2, Dennis? I'd like to put light and sound into one for "Cosplay" BTW, Lady J, likes Your uniform design! She was wondering if You have done a skirted uniform. I told Her that I asked...so...I'm asking? LOL!!!!! Cheers.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back