MR TOS Enterprise

nwjedidave

Sr Member
did anyone else get the monthly update? It said that the TOS Ent. was going on sale to MR members soon... no date that i could see, so i guess this is a HEADS UP. to those looking to purchase one...

any of the dealers here on the board going to be offering this?

NWJEDI
dave

Do we still have any idea of a price point? Also is MR or any dealers going to offer a payment plan as they did back in the day? This ship has got to cost a pretty penny...

I just got the email saying on sale June 13 to collectors society members, on sale June 15 to the genereal public.

Most importantly, the non signature edition is $1199. Certainly a significant amount of money, but not as high as I expected. I think I can afford it. :)

Based on the images I've seen so far from MR, the price point seems resonable. I'm in. Just waiting for the dealers to indicate that they are taking pre-orders.

MR will offer three versions of its 40th Anniversary Studio Scale TOS Enterprise: a Limited Edition, a Signature Edition, and a Commemorative Edition. Prices are $1199, $1499, and $1999 respectively (not including shipping).

Here are the details, copied and pasted from the announcement I received from MR this morning:

NCC-1701
U.S.S. ENTERPRISE
STUDIO SCALE MODEL
40TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION

$1199

Collectors Society On Sale:
June 13, 2006
( 9:00 am Pacific Time)

General Public On Sale Date:
June 15, 2006
(9:00 am Pacific Time)

Expected to Begin Shipping:
Winter 2006

In 1966 a five-year mission to explore strange new worlds began on television. The starship carrying this brave band of cosmic adventurers was named the U.S.S. Enterprise. While her mission was cut short to only three years, the ship and her noble crew sailed on into history and the legend was born.

To commemorate the 40th anniversary of her maiden voyage, Master Replicas proudly launches the definitive model of the U.S.S. Enterprise.

Designed directly from measurements taken from a detailed study of the original eleven-foot miniature, our approximately 1/350th scale model authentically recreates the exact contours and geometry of possibly the most famous spacecraft ever of fact or fantasy.

Our spectacular replica features -

Dimensions and geometry taken from the surviving studio miniature
Reproduced at 1/350th scale (Approximately 32.46” long)
Internal metal armature ensures long term structural integrity
Durable injection molded ABS construction
Full-illumination including warp drive nacelle lighting effects
Authentic television series paint scheme
Universal AC Power Adapter (USA plug)
Display stand
Limited edition numbered plaque
Certificate of Authenticity

With only 1250 pieces available, this highly sought after 40th anniversary collectible is sure to become as troublesome to find as a shipload of tribbles.

So prepare to go to red alert and place your orderÂ… ItÂ’s the logical thing to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

NCC-1701
U.S.S. ENTERPRISE
STUDIO SCALE MODEL
40TH ANNIVERSARY SIGNATURE EDITION

$1499

June 13, 2006
June 15, 2006
Winter 2006

In further celebration of Star TrekÂ’s 40th anniversary weÂ’re offering a signature edition of our U.S.S. Enterprise model accompanied by a special plaque signed by BOTH Star Trek legends, William Shatner AND Leonard Nimoy.

Limited to only 500 pieces, this special anniversary edition offers the famous captain and first officerÂ’s signatures accompanying their equally famous ship wonÂ’t last long.

Batten yours down before an armada of Klingons appears off the starboard bow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

NCC-1701
U.S.S. ENTERPRISE
STUDIO SCALE MODEL
40TH ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATIVE EDITION

$1999

June 13, 2006
June 15, 2006
Winter 2006

As the premier collectible of Star TrekÂ’s 40th anniversary weÂ’re offering a once in a lifetime Special 40th Anniversary Commemorative Signature Edition of our U.S.S. Enterprise model. Not only will you get our sensational replica, but youÂ’ll receive a special plaque signed by all of the surviving bridge crew-members from the original series - William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei and Walter Koenig.

This ultimate Star Trek collectible is limited to an ultra low edition size of only 250 pieces and is sure to sell out fast. So prepare to go to warp ten today and secure this very special piece of Star Trek history.

Product Specifications subject to change without notice.

® & © 2006 CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
STAR TREK and Related Marks are Trademarks of CBS Studios Inc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how the purchase works? I have never bought an MR pre-order before. Do they only charge the card when it ships? Cause the fine print on that image says order like now, dont get it till winter 2006.

<div class='quotetop'>(Mechinyun @ Jun 10 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]1259403[/snapback]</div>
Anyone know how the purchase works? I have never bought an MR pre-order before. Do they only charge the card when it ships? Cause the fine print on that image says order like now, dont get it till winter 2006.
[/b]
MR does not charge your card until the item ships.

Keep in mind, though, that there is no guarantee of when the item will ship. Even though it says "Winter 2006," the date is subject to change. In the case of items that have been delayed in the past, some customers have complained about having to keep their credit cards in a "ready" state in order to accept MR charges that could come at any time. If you're comfortable with that possibility, then pre-ordering an expensive item from MR should be no problem. :)

Star Trek 40th Anniversary

NCC 1701 U.S.S. Enterprise Studio Scale Model

MR001.jpg

$1199

June 13, 2006

June 15, 2006

Winter 2006

In 1966 a five-year mission to explore strange new worlds began on television. The starship carrying this brave band of cosmic adventurers was named the U.S.S. Enterprise. While her mission was cut short to only three years, the ship and her noble crew sailed on into history and the legend was born.

To commemorate the 40th anniversary of her maiden voyage, Master Replicas proudly launches the definitive model of the U.S.S. Enterprise.

Designed directly from measurements taken from a detailed study of the original eleven-foot miniature, our approximately 1/350th scale model authentically recreates the exact contours and geometry of possibly the most famous spacecraft ever of fact or fantasy.

Our spectacular replica features -

* Dimensions and geometry taken from the surviving studio miniature
* Reproduced at 1/350th scale (Approximately 32.46” long)
* Internal metal armature ensures long term structural integrity
* Durable injection molded ABS construction
* Full-illumination including warp drive nacelle lighting effects
* Authentic television series paint scheme
* Universal AC Power Adapter (USA plug)
* Display stand
* Limited edition numbered plaque
* Certificate of Authenticity

With only 1250 pieces available, this highly sought after 40th anniversary collectible is sure to become as troublesome to find as a shipload of tribbles.

So prepare to go to red alert and place your orderÂ… ItÂ’s the logical thing to do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MR002.jpg

In further celebration of Star TrekÂ’s 40th anniversary weÂ’re offering a signature edition of our U.S.S. Enterprise model accompanied by a special plaque signed by BOTH Star Trek legends, William Shatner AND Leonard Nimoy.

Limited to only 500 pieces, this special anniversary edition offers the famous captain and first officerÂ’s signatures accompanying their equally famous ship wonÂ’t last long.

Batten yours down before an armada of Klingons appears off the starboard bow.

$1499

June 13, 2006

June 15, 2006

Winter 2006
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MR003.jpg

$1999

June 13, 2006

June 15, 2006

Winter 2006

As the premier collectible of Star TrekÂ’s 40th anniversary weÂ’re offering a once in a lifetime Special 40th Anniversary Commemorative Signature Edition of our U.S.S. Enterprise model. Not only will you get our sensational replica, but youÂ’ll receive a special plaque signed by all of the surviving bridge crew-members from the original series - William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei and Walter Koenig.

This ultimate Star Trek collectible is limited to an ultra low edition size of only 250 pieces and is sure to sell out fast. So prepare to go to warp ten today and secure this very special piece of Star Trek history.

I was hoping for sound FX as well- with the chip technology that should be pretty easy and cheap--heck toys have it...maybe Barry will see this and they can get that feature in before they complete it.

<div class='quotetop'>(nwjedidave @ Jun 11 2006, 12:43 AM) [snapback]1259595[/snapback]</div>
ouch that yellow text hurts the eyes .....
dave
[/b]
Changed to blue. More to your liking? :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Pauleysolo @ Jun 10 2006, 08:20 AM) [snapback]1259578[/snapback]</div>
I was hoping for sound FX as well- with the chip technology that should be pretty easy and cheap--heck toys have it...maybe Barry will see this and they can get that feature in before they complete it.
[/b]
Actually this has been discussed.And the reason they didn't put any in was exactly what you said.Also if you think about it long enough,how many Studio Scale Models do you know have sound effects?Anyways no sound effects,because it was thought to be "cheesy".Also a big thanks to Barry and the crew behind this model.;) A fitting tribute to the 40th anniversary of "Star Trek".

I agree 100%. Art Asylum or whoever's doing the Trek toys these days... might be Diamond Select or something... is coming out with an OS 1701 toy that will make great noises... and I'll get that too... but this one is gonna be elegant... lovely... totally fitting the love that we share for all that she embodies... without being a "trinket"... y'know.?

can't wait...
-r.

As Admiral Nogura explained MR did mock-up a TOS E with sound effects and it was felt to be too cheesy and toy-like. Since this is a serious Studio Scale model, everyone felt it was better simply to put out the best model we could with great lighting effects.

It's a seriously beautiful model, and big.

Barry

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 9 2006, 11:51 PM) [snapback]1259406[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Mechinyun @ Jun 10 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]1259403[/snapback]
[/b]
MR does not charge your card until the item ships.

Keep in mind, though, that there is no guarantee of when the item will ship. Even though it says "Winter 2006," the date is subject to change. In the case of items that have been delayed in the past, some customers have complained about having to keep their credit cards in a "ready" state in order to accept MR charges that could come at any time. If you're comfortable with that possibility, then pre-ordering an expensive item from MR should be no problem. :)
[/b][/quote]

Cool, thanks for the info.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back