MR Studio Scale Falcon/Pirates 2 Pistol/ FX & more

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by alienscollection.com, Feb 12, 2006.

1. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

2. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey that looks familiar.

:D

That is going to be the single greatest replica EVER..

3. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Lovely. It's lit too.
    I would get it if I could afford it.

4. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

yeah if the little non lit Y-wing is over 800...

how much IS this thing gonna be???

5. KarlBud420

KarlBud420 Well-Known Member

Yowzas... That's HOT. Time to start squirling away pennies.

Any time frame? This year or next? My wallet is praying for 2007, but it would be great to see it sooner.

Bruce

6. alienscollection.com

7. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

8. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Sr Member

It's the flash. Look at this pic: http://www.yakface.com/Features/toyfair06/...s/images/02.jpg

9. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

It looks like alot of the colors have been washed out by the lighting... I think it looks great....

10. moffeaton

That Boba helmet uses accurate colors to an ESB Hero, but that particular helmet should be considered a mock up, and not the final paint master. I know the Fett guys are SUPER concerned with accuracy, and I am confident they will be pleased with the final chipping pattern. It is the single coolest helmet ever.

11. Rogue Studios

Rogue Studios Well-Known Member

Probably 2500 for the budget collector and 3000 for the gotta have it signed collector.

Lee

12. jvasilatos

jvasilatos Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It does look familiar... I remember seeing some fanbuilt "studio scale" garage kit Falcon photos circulating a few years back.

Any relation?

13. alienscollection.com

14. Rogue Studios

Looks familiar to me too...I have one I built in the garage waiting on some paint and a few more details.

Lee

15. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Their display of Star Wars stuff is really boring, IMO... The Fett paint job is poor, but that can be fixed, and the Falcon doesn't do anything for me. No studio scale does...

16. moffeaton

Poor? Ouch, lol. What's poor about it?

17. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

If you look close, you can see the gray paint flecks all over it, the flash drowns it out, but it is detailed... I can't wait for this one

18. alienscollection.com

19. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

It looks like paint and not like real weathering. Again, I understand it's just a prototype so I'll treat it as such...

20. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

Well IMO MR missed the boat.........the best Fett painter I know....is not working on it. And that is a shame. So far from what I see in the mockup....not impressed.

21. DARKSIDE72

DARKSIDE72 Sr Member

The ESB Fett weathering doesn't seem to have enough layers or something... Looks flat.

22. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

23. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

I don't think anyone will know until MR announces it

24. bothanspy

bothanspy Sr Member

:eek

The Falcon will be mucho $$

25. eFXBarry

eFXBarry Well-Known Member

The MR Millennium Falcon is a one to one Studio Scale model, taken from the 32" ESB version.

It was scanned directly from the actual miniature to ensure accuracy of shape and dimension and MR hired two highly talented and respected Falcon enthusiasts to track down the kit parts used to detail the miniature and consult on the project. The photographs in the MR booth are pictures of the master model from which the production pieces will be pulled.

This thing is jaw-droppingly AWESOME.

Get saving Falcon nuts, it'll be worth every penny.

Barry

26. Rogue Studios

Actually the parts were already found they weren't hired to find them just want to clarify this.

27. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Anyone heard any word from MR on details of the studio scale TOS Enterprise?

28. OPPI

OPPI Well-Known Member

What ever happened to that jack sparrow MR statue of him on the top of the mast from POTC??

that was a cool sculpt?? anyone?

dan

29. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

IIRC, that was just a prototype. There was a Rocketeer statue done up at the same time... I don't think there was ever any talk about producing them any time soon.

30. Rick Hanson

Rick Hanson Sr Member

Oh dear. I'm going to have to get that POTC pistol, even if I can't afford it.

I may also have to sell my son to get a Falcon. Anyone interested in a very cute 9-year-old? :lol

31. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

I really love those display cases for the POTC items.

32. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

Hey, does anyone know if that Rocketeer figure is the new Medicom v2 figure due out later this summer? It looks like it, but why would it be at the MR display and mentioned in their blog?

Anybody?

33. OPPI

OPPI Well-Known Member

This may be a little out of topic but in line with toys and items. Is there any word on the Code 3 AT AT yet??

dan

34. STEVE THE SWEDE

STEVE THE SWEDE Sr Member

Rats, I'm I the only one who can't see the pics.? :( The links seems broke too.

I soooo, wanted to see the Fett helmet and Falcon.

Steve.

35. rad1701

rad1701 Sr Member

I love that Jack Sparrow Flintlock. I'm more interested in seeing the TOS Enterprise than the Falcon. Hope we get some info on that piece soon.

36. JMBNaples

JMBNaples New Member

are those lightsaber UMBRELLAS in the case under the poker chips????

37. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Does anyone have an approximate release time of the falcon (i.e. quarter/year) If it's last quater 2006 or later, I may be able to afford it if I start saving now :lol.

And I really cant wait to get those mini blasters. I hope they work out a nice display system for those.

-Fred

38. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

Yes, here is the thread that has been discussing it:

Vader Hilt Umbrella

39. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

BTW... why don't we get some of that behind the scenes product info directly from MR?

I would love to see some nice "in progress" images of some of their up and coming items(especially the Falcon).

40. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

That Studio Scale Falcon is the most exciting product i've ever seen. Shame i won't be able to afford it......
    rich

41. Henry Wayne

Henry Wayne Active Member

I am definately interested in the Falcon and the Boba Fett helmet, can't wait to see the actual product pics.. :p

42. Mookie

Mookie New Member

In reference to both the Falcon and the Fett paint schemes, yes I do know who painted Fett, yes he's a friend, but I have to point out something that must be the most difficult process of these replicas.

There is NO way the finished mass produced product could ever rival a personal paint job (with proper time and reference) in terms of Fett or the Falcon. So why is there such a surprise and heated reaction?

It's another reason I wish MR would release a paint your own kit or unfinished helmets and models. No worker in a Chinese factory will ever be able to reproduce the quality and care fo the paint job.

So why is it such a surprise to people? The Snowspeeder wasn't bad, but why is this such a surprise?

It would probably take 8 years to get out the run and $20,000 per prop if personally painted by such an artisan.

So just repaint it if you don't like it.

Also, the attitude towards licensed mass produced replicas on this forum is amazing. Yeah, YOU mght have a Falcon in the garage, and YOU might know the model parts, but get real, the people buying this probably don't. Cut the attitude.

I'm all for small people doing their own thing and making wonderfully crafted and detailed props but MR allows more than 3 people with 32" Falcons to live in this world. (Or will eventually).

Mookie

43. eFXBarry

eFXBarry Well-Known Member

Joe,

I believe and would hope, that you'll be seeing rather a lot of the Falcon in the upcoming months. Imagine it as a build up to detonation and the NYC Toy Fair is the lighting of the fuse wire.

Barry

44. Rogue Studios

I know the falcon paintjob will be very nice I just have a good feeling about this one. Mookie glad you are for people doing their own thing and unless you took me wrong no attitude here. Most folks can't do this on their own but please realize it can't be done cheaply and this model is huge. It's not a coffee table model it's a kitchen table model so find a good spot to display it. Of all the pieces I have I think the Falcon draws the most attention so if you are worried about affording just throw a few bucks aside each week/month and you'll be ok plus it's not coming out next week anyway so you got time no rush.

Lee

45. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Yep, knowing MR, it should be released about the same time as you start collecting your retirement funds :p

46. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Sounds good to me. B)

This is one detonation I'm really looking forward to. :)

47. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

what's the projected release date on the falcon?

48. RKW

RKW Sr Member

What's the Fett helmet molded from? Was the original ESB helmet laser scanned?

49. tripoli

tripoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

One of the somewhat disapointments is the Narnia piece pictured here:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-MRnarnia/100_7607.JPG

Still have not done anything about the long peg teeth and the MR plaque placement was an after thought. You can see it here, well, you can see the edges of it behind the sword. :(
    It is a beautiful sword itself, well worth getting and after you clean it up for an hour to get the grease off. Really a super piece MR has not done justice to in packaging or display.

50. Durasteel Corporation

Durasteel Corporation Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. The original has gone through some changes since, so I suspect theyd use one of the other LFL helmets in the archive. Effectively the same thing for 99% of the public. There are so many fett helmets out there I was suprised to see that MR even bothered, especially with painting limitations. Still, kinda cool.