MR Studio Scale Falcon/Pirates 2 Pistol/ FX & more

In reference to both the Falcon and the Fett paint schemes, yes I do know who painted Fett, yes he's a friend, but I have to point out something that must be the most difficult process of these replicas.

There is NO way the finished mass produced product could ever rival a personal paint job (with proper time and reference) in terms of Fett or the Falcon. So why is there such a surprise and heated reaction?

It's another reason I wish MR would release a paint your own kit or unfinished helmets and models. No worker in a Chinese factory will ever be able to reproduce the quality and care fo the paint job.

So why is it such a surprise to people? The Snowspeeder wasn't bad, but why is this such a surprise?

It would probably take 8 years to get out the run and $20,000 per prop if personally painted by such an artisan.

So just repaint it if you don't like it.

Also, the attitude towards licensed mass produced replicas on this forum is amazing. Yeah, YOU mght have a Falcon in the garage, and YOU might know the model parts, but get real, the people buying this probably don't. Cut the attitude.

I'm all for small people doing their own thing and making wonderfully crafted and detailed props but MR allows more than 3 people with 32" Falcons to live in this world. (Or will eventually).

Mookie

Joe,

I believe and would hope, that you'll be seeing rather a lot of the Falcon in the upcoming months. Imagine it as a build up to detonation and the NYC Toy Fair is the lighting of the fuse wire.

Barry

I know the falcon paintjob will be very nice I just have a good feeling about this one. Mookie glad you are for people doing their own thing and unless you took me wrong no attitude here. Most folks can't do this on their own but please realize it can't be done cheaply and this model is huge. It's not a coffee table model it's a kitchen table model so find a good spot to display it. Of all the pieces I have I think the Falcon draws the most attention so if you are worried about affording just throw a few bucks aside each week/month and you'll be ok plus it's not coming out next week anyway so you got time no rush.

Lee

Originally posted by Rogue Studios@Feb 13 2006, 01:06 PM
so if you are worried about affording just throw a few bucks aside each week/month and you'll be ok plus it's not coming out next week anyway so you got time no rush.

Lee
[snapback]1183267[/snapback]​

Yep, knowing MR, it should be released about the same time as you start collecting your retirement funds :p

Originally posted by Barry@Feb 13 2006, 10:54 AM
Joe,

I believe and would hope, that you'll be seeing rather a lot of the Falcon in the upcoming months. Imagine it as a build up to detonation and the NYC Toy Fair is the lighting of the fuse wire.

Barry
[snapback]1183262[/snapback]​

Sounds good to me. B)

This is one detonation I'm really looking forward to. :)

One of the somewhat disapointments is the Narnia piece pictured here:
http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-MRnarnia/100_7607.JPG

Still have not done anything about the long peg teeth and the MR plaque placement was an after thought. You can see it here, well, you can see the edges of it behind the sword. :(
It is a beautiful sword itself, well worth getting and after you clean it up for an hour to get the grease off. Really a super piece MR has not done justice to in packaging or display.

What's the Fett helmet molded from? Was the original ESB helmet laser scanned

I was thinking the same thing. The original has gone through some changes since, so I suspect theyd use one of the other LFL helmets in the archive. Effectively the same thing for 99% of the public. There are so many fett helmets out there I was suprised to see that MR even bothered, especially with painting limitations. Still, kinda cool.

I'm amazed no-one's brought up the point they seem to be producing a Wolverine X3 costume, as well...

25.jpg

Russ

Russ, a question - How do you know it´s X3? I see no difference between it and the other two (but then again, lack of interest does that)

You know, I for one thought the Jack Sparrow ring would be a little more, I dunno, done up? Like with a presentation box, etc.... Is it even metal?

Originally posted by Mookie@Feb 13 2006, 04:49 PM
In reference to both the Falcon and the Fett paint schemes, yes I do know who painted Fett, yes he's a friend, but I have to point out something that must be the most difficult process of these replicas.

There is NO way the finished mass produced product could ever rival a personal paint job (with proper time and reference) in terms of Fett or the Falcon.  So why is there such a surprise and heated reaction?

It's another reason I wish MR would release a paint your own kit or unfinished helmets and models.  No worker in a Chinese factory will ever be able to reproduce the quality and care fo the paint job.

So why is it such a surprise to people?  The Snowspeeder wasn't bad, but why is this such a surprise?

It would probably take 8 years to get out the run and $20,000 per prop if personally painted by such an artisan.

So just repaint it if you don't like it.

Also, the attitude towards licensed mass produced replicas on this forum is amazing.  Yeah, YOU mght have a Falcon in the garage, and YOU might know the model parts, but get real, the people buying this probably don't.  Cut the attitude.

I'm all for small people doing their own thing and making wonderfully crafted and detailed props but MR allows more than 3 people with 32" Falcons to live in this world.  (Or will eventually).

Mookie
[snapback]1183258[/snapback]​

With regards to the Fett...........there are people more skilled at painting Fett than the current person doing it. With MR reaching out to the guys who did the falcon, and other members of this board for parts for Fett......its just very dissapointing that they did not do the same with the paint scheme of the Fett. Thats all l was saying. Nothing against the current painter,but there are better folks out there for Fett.

I'd be interested in seeing that studio scale cutout of the falcon for sale. From a distance, who'd know if I had $2500 replica or a $15.00 cutout on the wall.

oh no its DUCK season..

I hope they make an Oswald Rabbit since Disney got him back this week...A man for a Rabbit what a crazy deal.

Boy the credit card companies are going to love me..

the FX Maul looks great and finally the mini blasters. I hope they do mini-helmets.
Anakins ROTS costume looks great too.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back