MR Star Trek Original Series Enterprise?

I doubt MR will have any difficulty providing an electronics package for the Enterprise. It won't be that complex; just an IC package and some LEDs, simpler than the TOS tricorder. I'm really looking forward to this, and the assault phaser. Oh, baby.

Wish they'd come through with the pulse rifle.

I'd vote for a disassembled model for shipping... for one, the box would be MUCH smaller (tho if they include a display case, THAT will require a gi-normous box...)

On the original, the nacelle supports are very LONG, and insert all the way into the secondary hull on one end, and thru the diameter of the nacelle on the other. Very sturdy.

tosb4a.jpg

And you're right, the "Where No Man" 2nd pilot version of the ship is seen quite often throughout the series... either in the credits or in stock footage.

wlgmo1.jpg

Originally posted by phase pistol@Jan 6 2006, 01:51 PM
Let's hope they are not using "old molds from Unobtainium"... that thing has got proportional problems. Plus it lacks the proper internal armature to prevent sagging and eventual self-destruction.  :confused

This is what mine looked like after a year and a half.

ue-leftside-081603.jpg

- k
[snapback]1152355[/snapback]​

I'm curious...do you think the sagging is reversable if you display the Enterprise from fishing line attached to the nacelles and the primary hull rather than the base? or do you think the ship will fall apart from the stress of the fishing line?

I don't think a ship in THAT bad condition has any hope really... the paint has cracked and pulled up, so even if you could support it, it looks cracked and bad. :(

Worse still, the resin leaks oil for some reason... either deteriorating within, or reacting to the paint they used, not sure. In any case there are beads of oil oozing from the surface, like it was coated with baby oil. :unsure

- k

Worse still, the resin leaks oil for some reason... either deteriorating within, or reacting to the paint they used, not sure. In any case there are beads of oil oozing from the surface, like it was coated with baby oil.

They used resin that was either bad or improperly mixed.
What a shame.

Bye for now
Al

Originally posted by phase pistol@Jan 9 2006, 02:20 AM
I don't think a ship in THAT bad condition has any hope really... the paint has cracked and pulled up, so even if  you could support it, it looks cracked and bad. :(

Worse still, the resin leaks oil for some reason... either deteriorating within, or reacting to the paint they used, not sure. In any case there are beads of oil oozing from the surface, like it was coated with baby oil. :unsure

- k
[snapback]1154336[/snapback]​

There was one fellow that built a cradle to keep it straight and posted some pics, claims its holding up well. He may be the only one that has been able to preserve it.

its a pretty long thread...

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=107455

Originally posted by phase pistol@Jan 6 2006, 12:51 PM
Let's hope they are not using "old molds from Unobtainium"... that thing has got proportional problems. Plus it lacks the proper internal armature to prevent sagging and eventual self-destruction.  :confused

ue-leftside-081603.jpg

- k
HOLLY Cr4p. That sucks like a black hole... :cry
I had thought I might take a crack at trying to fix the thing for you but if the resin wasnt blended correctly there is little you can do . :(
too bad it cant be returned.
you might try to add supports and in time it may spring back into shape.
You would think for what they cost The quality would have been better.
ya just cant trust anything these days. :angry
MSL

Originally posted by phase pistol@Jan 7 2006, 03:51 AM

ue-leftside-081603.jpg

- k

If all else fails -- and you have the nerve -- you could turn it into the Constellation. :confused

Quick update on this.

the MR Blog site has said that she will be 1/350th scale and lighted with spinning warp effect in the nacelles. Some actual TOS folks are involved too.

I am STOKED. is "stoked" still a cool word?

This is SICK. that better?

Originally posted by CessnaDriver@Feb 25 2006, 08:49 AM
the MR Blog site has said that she will be 1/350th scale and lighted with spinning warp effect in the nacelles. 
I wonder if the nacelles will spin in opposite directions.

That would be "bitchin'."

My authorized retailer says that the first estimate on MSRP is $1400.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back