MR Shocktrooper helmet

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by UKscout, Mar 8, 2006.

1. UKscout

UKscout Well-Known Member

hi guys

In two months it will be a year since i pre-ordered the shock trooper helmet, I've emailed MR serveral times but no reply to my emails. :confused

Anyone else having the same problem in find out when there pre-order will be delivered.

can any MR rep's on these please shed some light on whats happening please

2. yodaman

yodaman Sr Member

An MR email update is supposed to go out this week. I am also wondering about the Shocktrooper helmet - it seems like forever since I ordered one.

3. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

And what about the Special Ops???? Remember those? What on earth is going on???

4. thorssoli

thorssoli Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I ordered the special ops in April last year and the Shock Trooper in May. The last thing I got from MR was in response to an inquiry that I made with them:

"The Shock troop helmet is still in the processing stage. We hope to
    have these available as soon as possible. You will receive an email
    confirmation of shipping when it is shipped out."

That was January 30th.

In other news the Star Corps helmet showed up yesterday.

5. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got all excited becasue I got an e-mail that said it shipped. Then they sent me another one and said it hadn't. :cry This is just a total mess. Out of all four I have the Star Corps. funny, Last one ordered, first one shipped. Oh well. I just want my helmets........

6. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

I'm just wondering how long it takes them to print up some plaques for the Spec Ops helmet

7. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Really...

And here I thought MR discontinued the use of display plaques. You truly do learn something every day...

*edit
    And in an attempt to keep resale values up, MR has decided to reduce the number of Shocktrooper helmets sold...

to 5.

8. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Sr Member

They discontinued the numbered plaques for these helmets. There will still be different plaques with the overall edition size. I.e. 1/500...

9. TD5422

TD5422 Well-Known Member

I got an email that said it was on the way, next day I got one that said it wasn't :cry

10. elwood49

elwood49 New Member

I think he was being sarcastic. ;)

11. TD5422

TD5422 Well-Known Member

02/27/06

Great News. The product listed below is now on its way to our distribution center in the U.S. You will be receiving another e-mail when the product arrives and is ready to ship-this is just to inform you that the following order is in line for processing.

02/28/06

We have sent you an email today stating that your Shock Troop Helmet was about to ship.

Please accept our apologies as this email was sent out in error. The Helmets are not shipping as of yet.

We will be sending you an email update regarding the status of your helmet order early next week.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

12. Star Wars Man

Star Wars Man Well-Known Member

it seems like they got three dudes who live wit there moms workin at MR. srry to anyone who lives with there mom(i dont mean to be rude to u guys, i am just saying MR must have some really unorganized or just a small team of workers...i mean the vader helmet, and just everything.)

13. Xizor

Xizor New Member

I received an email saying it was shipping, then a "GOTCHA." email saying it wasn't... whatever - I cancelled my order....

14. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I won an MR Shock Trooper helmet on an eBay auction last year, paid a deposit, and have kept in regular contact with the seller since then. Like the rest of you, I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the helmet.

Last week, the seller told me the whole transaction has fallen through. It turns out that he ordered the helmet not directly from MR, but through his MR authorized rep. And the rep, frustrated with the problems caused by this delay, has decided not to carry MR products any more.

So the dealer refunded the seller's deposit, and last week the seller refunded my deposit.

Back to square one. :(

15. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Sr Member

Try emailing MR directly. We know there's at least 1 more than before since Xizor cancelled. :)

16. Rodann

Rodann Sr Member

Exactly.

I cancelled my SpecOps after waiting nearly a year, stories of horrible paint problems, "recalled" helmets w/o plaques and certificates, and recently learning they discontinued the plaques. I'm not paying $400 for a LICENSED and LIMITED EDITION prop with that kind of "professional" track record.

I am NOT impressed with MR. Have they done ANY helmets without messing up something? Rocketeer, Vader, Clones.............what's next in line to mess up?

Spiderman mask doesn't look great either. If that Knitting Barn Knockoff was indeed theirs.:unsure

17. temponaut

:lol Thanks. That gave me a welcome laugh out of what has been an otherwise frustrating experience. :lol

18. Bluewolf

Bluewolf New Member

'bout ready to cancel mine as well, but wait. I just ordered a Jango helmet and armor, so now that I have spent close to $600 it will come now :p

19. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So is MR giving up on the individually numbered plaques for the Shock as well? I thought they only had paint issues on the shock.

If so I will probably cancel my one year old order.

I emailed them the beginning of Feb about the status and the QC delays and this was their response.

Yes all helmets are on hold for the QC inspections. We hope to have this finished by early March or February. EveryoneÂ’s order is still valid and will be ready to go once the inspections are over. Thank You. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Jerry
    Customer Service

Really vague and no mention of plaque issues.

20. Xizor

Xizor New Member

:) I decided to put my money into something more reliable... like the Constantine brass knuckles being made by one of our own members :p

21. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

I am going to cancel my order today....have had it.

22. Aegis159

Aegis159 Sr Member

I wrote this in another MR helmet thread, but it was at the end of the thread so I doubt Amy or any of the other MR people that haunt these boards saw it, so I'll post it here again...

hehehe, I'm quoting myself now..... :rolleyes

:D

23. TD5422

TD5422 Well-Known Member

I guess since they haven't collected money, they don't feel any preassure :unsure

24. Megatron

Megatron Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can wait.
    Waitted a long time for ROTS. And who knows what will show up in the TV shows.

25. Aegis159

Aegis159 Sr Member

Well we've all waited mega... for quite a while actually... but that's not the point. To hear NOTHING from them about the helmet and to not get any straight answers from MR's CS department does have a tendency to aggrivate some people.

I'm thiiiiiis close to saying "screw it" and cancel my order..... :(

26. UKscout

after seeing everyone thoughts regarding there own pre-orders for the Shocktrooper Helmet, it seems im not the only one who has been disapointed with the updates from MR CS & MR.

Even though MR do good replica props they should have better costumer service and give the buyers a reqular update via email on there pre-orders even if there is goning to be delay in our orders we have placed.

Lets not cancel our pre-orders as this would be easy way out for MR, lets stick it out and see if they produce the goods, but to wait a year for a helmet does take the biscuit me thinks.

27. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Wha?.?. Updates? What updates?.

;) :angry

28. UKscout

hi guys

Once a week i look at my MR account just incase my pre-order has been processed, but i've noticed my order has change from PREORDERED to BACKORDERED :eek

anyone else noticed this on there account?

29. UKscout

just looked at my MR Account and it says the helmet has been partly shipped and for some reason they have added a .45 scaled DV saber to my order.

Anyone also have this on there account?

30. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

I've just checked my account but didnt get a .25 Vader saber - however I received my helmet (although am still waiting for ther plaque on my special ops)

tbh I would probably have preferred NOT to have received my shock and special ops given the finish on the clear coat is so hit and miss. The yellow was by far the best of the three

I suppose MR thought theyd give freebies to those who had waited and stuff those who received substandard goods.

Cheers

Jez

31. Star Wars Helmets

Oh and regarding the missing plaques - I got an email from MR to say....

I am sorry but we are still producing the plaques. We hope to have them ready by the middle of May barring any further production delays. Again I apologize for the problems surrounding the helmets.

How fricking long does it take them to make some little metal plaques....

Cheers

Jez

32. UKscout

jez

did you get any import tax added to the helmet when it went came thro customes?

I'm not getting updates via email on my order from MR grrrrr..... how come your getting email update :eek

Fingers crossed mine comes with the plauqe, I am think of getting the ST MR helmet.

Also do you have any info on the best place to Pre-order the ST helmet PLMK, ive seen some places in the uk that will take pre-orders for the ST and LE ST helmet which could stop any import duty being added to the helmet.

33. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Have the exact same thing on my account. Seems MR is terrible when it come to updates on stuff you have already ordered, but great at sending out new sales flyers.

Also, just curious, do you think these helmets are even going to be worth what is being paid?

34. Star Wars Helmets

Neil,

I got hit for import duty on the helmet I got direct from MR, (avg about 20% of the price including the Vat etc.), but not on the other two as I got them via a mate in the US - it actually worked out cheaper to ship to the US and then separately from the US to the UK.

I got an update as I emailed MR Customer Service over the plaques. The only generic emails Ive received from MR were the "we're really sorry but there's a problem . emails

btw I'll certainly be getting the MR Stormttroper helmet too. Only I'm looking forward to what its finally going to look like since so far theyve shown off a GF Hero as the prototype, an SDS Stunt on one retailer site and a CRProps/Gino on another :lol :lol :lol

Cheers

Jez

35. TD5422

TD5422 Well-Known Member

I got a mini Vader saber in the mail today. :eek

36. StarWars Collector

StarWars Collector Well-Known Member

One saber for each month of delay? :lol

Cheers

Leo

37. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

Well don't hold your breath for the Falcon replica, 'cause uh, that's a lot more metal.. :p

38. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

I came home today, and I see a Fed Ex box just sitting there... I couldn't think of anything that I had ordered that would fit in that size box, so much to my suprise, it was the Vader Mini with a message saying that they were sorry for the delay for the helmet... Hmmm, I had received my ShockTrooper Helmet about 2 months ago..... I'm just waiting for my Spec Ops

39. TD5422

TD5422 Well-Known Member

How did you get a helmet???
    I must be doing something wrong :angry

40. SirJediKnightTim

SirJediKnightTim Well-Known Member

The Shocktrooper is the only MR helmet to seems to increase in value. The Star Corps is really cheap right now.

41. UKscout

I pre-ordered mine over a year ago :angry

42. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

So did I :)

43. TK709

TK709 New Member

According to my Starwarsshop.com order, the Spec ops helmet isn't shipping until July. :(

Charlie C TK/TS709

44. StarWars Collector

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TD5422 @ Apr 11 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1224369[/snapback]</div>
    Me too......as far as I know I'm still on the waiting list. :confused
    I haven't ordered one yet.

Cheers,
    Leo

45. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StarWars Collector @ Apr 19 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]1229190[/snapback]</div>
    Me too......as far as I know I'm still on the waiting list. :confused
    I haven't ordered one yet.

Cheers,
    Leo
    [/b][/quote]

Yep.
    Got a mini saber too.

46. UKscout

some reason i got 2 DV mini sabers from MR

Q.Should i send the second one back to MR?

47. Star Wars Helmets

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UKscout @ Apr 20 2006, 07:25 AM) [snapback]1229555[/snapback]</div>

No Neil - you need the send the second one to me :lol

Cheers

Jez

48. temponaut

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UKscout @ Apr 20 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1229555[/snapback]</div>
    If you feel that it's wrong to keep it, you could ask MR if they want it back. But if you're in the UK, the cost of a postage-paid return label probably won't be worth it to MR. I'd say you should keep it and enjoy the little extra bonus for being a patient customer. :)

49. TD5422

TD5422 Well-Known Member

Got an email today from MR, now they are saying September. and if you already got one, you can send it back :eek

50. StarWars Collector

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TD5422 @ Apr 20 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]1229940[/snapback]</div>
    Late summer, august/september to be precise. ;) Sending it back??????? :eek NO WAY.