MR Shocktrooper helmet

UKscout

hi guys

In two months it will be a year since i pre-ordered the shock trooper helmet, I've emailed MR serveral times but no reply to my emails. :confused

Anyone else having the same problem in find out when there pre-order will be delivered.

can any MR rep's on these please shed some light on whats happening please

An MR email update is supposed to go out this week. I am also wondering about the Shocktrooper helmet - it seems like forever since I ordered one.

I ordered the special ops in April last year and the Shock Trooper in May. The last thing I got from MR was in response to an inquiry that I made with them:

"The Shock troop helmet is still in the processing stage. We hope to
have these available as soon as possible. You will receive an email
confirmation of shipping when it is shipped out."

That was January 30th.

In other news the Star Corps helmet showed up yesterday.

Yeah, I got all excited becasue I got an e-mail that said it shipped. Then they sent me another one and said it hadn't. :cry This is just a total mess. Out of all four I have the Star Corps. funny, Last one ordered, first one shipped. Oh well. I just want my helmets........

Originally posted by allosaur176@Mar 8 2006, 03:16 PM
I'm just wondering how long it takes them to print up some plaques for the Spec Ops helmet
[snapback]1201709[/snapback]​

Really...

And here I thought MR discontinued the use of display plaques. You truly do learn something every day...

*edit
And in an attempt to keep resale values up, MR has decided to reduce the number of Shocktrooper helmets sold...

to 5.

Originally posted by Gytheran@Mar 8 2006, 04:44 PM
Really...

And here I thought MR discontinued the use of display plaques.  You truly do learn something every day...
[snapback]1201726[/snapback]​

They discontinued the numbered plaques for these helmets. There will still be different plaques with the overall edition size. I.e. 1/500...

Originally posted by Lord_Gita+Mar 8 2006, 05:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lord_Gita @ Mar 8 2006, 05:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gytheran
@Mar 8 2006, 04:44 PM
Really...

And here I thought MR discontinued the use of display plaques.  You truly do learn something every day...
[snapback]1201726[/snapback]​

They discontinued the numbered plaques for these helmets. There will still be different plaques with the overall edition size. I.e. 1/500...
[snapback]1201743[/snapback]​
[/b]

I think he was being sarcastic. ;)

02/27/06

Great News. The product listed below is now on its way to our distribution center in the U.S. You will be receiving another e-mail when the product arrives and is ready to ship-this is just to inform you that the following order is in line for processing.

02/28/06

We have sent you an email today stating that your Shock Troop Helmet was about to ship.

Please accept our apologies as this email was sent out in error. The Helmets are not shipping as of yet.

We will be sending you an email update regarding the status of your helmet order early next week.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

it seems like they got three dudes who live wit there moms workin at MR. srry to anyone who lives with there mom(i dont mean to be rude to u guys, i am just saying MR must have some really unorganized or just a small team of workers...i mean the vader helmet, and just everything.)

I received an email saying it was shipping, then a "GOTCHA." email saying it wasn't... whatever - I cancelled my order....

I won an MR Shock Trooper helmet on an eBay auction last year, paid a deposit, and have kept in regular contact with the seller since then. Like the rest of you, I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the helmet.

Last week, the seller told me the whole transaction has fallen through. It turns out that he ordered the helmet not directly from MR, but through his MR authorized rep. And the rep, frustrated with the problems caused by this delay, has decided not to carry MR products any more.

So the dealer refunded the seller's deposit, and last week the seller refunded my deposit.

Back to square one. :(

Originally posted by temponaut@Mar 8 2006, 10:15 PM
I won an MR Shock Trooper helmet on an eBay auction last year, paid a deposit, and have kept in regular contact with the seller since then.  Like the rest of you, I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the helmet.

Last week, the seller told me the whole transaction has fallen through.  It turns out that he ordered the helmet not directly from MR, but through his MR authorized rep.  And the rep, frustrated with the problems caused by this delay, has decided not to carry MR products any more.

So the dealer refunded the seller's deposit, and last week the seller refunded my deposit. 

Back to square one.  :(
[snapback]1201946[/snapback]​

Try emailing MR directly. We know there's at least 1 more than before since Xizor cancelled. :)

Originally posted by The Mantis@Mar 8 2006, 03:38 PM
And what about the Special Ops????  Remember those?  What on earth is going on???
[snapback]1201676[/snapback]​

Exactly.

I cancelled my SpecOps after waiting nearly a year, stories of horrible paint problems, "recalled" helmets w/o plaques and certificates, and recently learning they discontinued the plaques. I'm not paying $400 for a LICENSED and LIMITED EDITION prop with that kind of "professional" track record.

I am NOT impressed with MR. Have they done ANY helmets without messing up something? Rocketeer, Vader, Clones.............what's next in line to mess up?

Spiderman mask doesn't look great either. If that Knitting Barn Knockoff was indeed theirs.:unsure

Originally posted by Lord_Gita+Mar 9 2006, 12:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lord_Gita @ Mar 9 2006, 12:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-temponaut
@Mar 8 2006, 10:15 PM

Back to square one.   :(
Try emailing MR directly. We know there's at least 1 more than before since Xizor cancelled. :)[/b]
:lol Thanks. That gave me a welcome laugh out of what has been an otherwise frustrating experience. :lol

'bout ready to cancel mine as well, but wait. I just ordered a Jango helmet and armor, so now that I have spent close to $600 it will come now :p

So is MR giving up on the individually numbered plaques for the Shock as well? I thought they only had paint issues on the shock.

If so I will probably cancel my one year old order.

I emailed them the beginning of Feb about the status and the QC delays and this was their response.

Yes all helmets are on hold for the QC inspections. We hope to have this finished by early March or February. EveryoneÂ’s order is still valid and will be ready to go once the inspections are over. Thank You. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Jerry
Customer Service

Really vague and no mention of plaque issues.

Try emailing MR directly. We know there's at least 1 more than before since Xizor cancelled. :)
[snapback]1201973[/snapback]​

:) I decided to put my money into something more reliable... like the Constantine brass knuckles being made by one of our own members :p

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back