Mr I suit paint

Andre de Jong

Hi to all

Is there a way to paint a MR I suit without latex?
Well i tried an old T-shirt on the Ducktape dummy and the (spraycan) paint whent trough the cloth on the DT.

I don't wanne use latex :(

I look on this forum about lycra suits but ..... i don't know yet.

André

Hi to all

Is there a way to paint a MR I suit without latex?
Well i tried an old T-shirt on the Ducktape dummy and the (spraycan) paint whent trough the cloth on the DT.

I don't wanne use latex :(

I look on this forum about lycra suits but ..... i don't know yet.

André

My skin is made from a Rambo muscle top and a pair of leotard leggings. I didn't latex either of them (I live in Florida and didn't want to die of heat stroke while wearing it) and used plain Krylon spray paint on both pieces.

My skin is made from a Rambo muscle top and a pair of leotard leggings. I didn't latex either of them (I live in Florida and didn't want to die of heat stroke while wearing it) and used plain Krylon spray paint on both pieces.

THX for the reply.

I can't find krylon paint in The Netherlands (tried google) :(

Well i try to paint it complete black
But ... Mr i suit is red ... tomorrow the new layer :(

Ah, I see. I picked my skin so it was already the color that I wanted, and so both pieces already matched each other (I actually matched them to the color of my Rubies mask). All I had to do then was paint on the markings.

Yo peepz,

I used a a muscle suit with seperate skin coloured leggings that matched the muscle top. I then added in the base colours and blended them (i.e. browns, yellows and blacks in darker areas). I then painted in the markings (which took forever - all thoughs little dots!!!!!). It came out looking quite good actually.
:)

Yo peepz,

I used a a muscle suit with seperate skin coloured leggings that matched the muscle top. I then added in the base colours and blended them (i.e. browns, yellows and blacks in darker areas). I then painted in the markings (which took forever - all thoughs little dots!!!!!). It came out looking quite good actually.
:)

Did you latex it, or just paint the cloth? I like very much the look of the latex skins (it gives a nice shiny alien-reptilian look), but I live in Florida, and it just isn't an option for me. Heat stroke is no fun at all.

Even the painted cloth skin is plenty hot in the summertime. Since I use my suit only for fan films, I try to do all my filming in the winter when it's cooler.

At the moment it is just painted cloth -- its not brilliant but it works. I was considering covering it in latex at a later date and then repainting because as you say it gives a more alien-reptilian look about it, plus it then matches the mask. But the paint cloth still makes me boil in the UK around this time of year so looking to change to latex in the later year.

Have you considered making a latex suit for the winter and a cloth one for the summer?

By the way seen you youtube vids - all your costume building tutorials (helped alot thanks) as well as you Pred movies (liking Predator vs Stormtroopers)

At the moment it is just painted cloth -- its not brilliant but it works. I was considering covering it in latex at a later date and then repainting because as you say it gives a more alien-reptilian look about it, plus it then matches the mask. But the paint cloth still makes me boil in the UK around this time of year so looking to change to latex in the later year.

Have you considered making a latex suit for the winter and a cloth one for the summer?

Hah, I barely have enough room for all the suits I already got. No space for another one.

By the way seen you youtube vids - all your costume building tutorials (helped alot thanks) as well as you Pred movies (liking Predator vs Stormtroopers)

Glad you liked it. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back