MR Han Solo EE ANH blaster

yodaman

Sr Member
MRBryan announced last night at Rebelscum that the next EE would be the Solo ANH blaster. Here's an overview:

As some of you may know, our original LE was made froma Denix, which is a replica of a Mauser. Now, the new EE, based on the new information that we have is based on the Broomhandle Mauser. So, this one is accurate to the actual filming prop. Also, the scope will be 'see through" and the handle will be made from wood instead of plastic.

Also, there has been a lot of discussion of the "Antennae" detail behind the suppressors. After a lot of investigative interviews, we have determined that they were there in pre-production but were no longer there in the actual filming. The Merr Sonn casting was done on the pre-production prop. However, the first time the gun was fired, it most likely fell off from the recoil. That is why it is not seen in the screen grabs that all of you have. This we think that this also explains the infamous "mystery Disk"

Therefore, we will be supplyng this piece with the prop. You have the choice to display it as either the pre-production version or the one seen on screen, with it missing.

Just FYI to anyone interested.

Finally..

I've had to hide my contribution to the project like a secret agent for 4 months now. :p
Scope_mount_teaser.JPG

I believe I provided MR with the most accurate interpretation of the ANH/Sitting Target cradle & bracket ever designed. Given the sincere desire I witnessed on everybody's part to get this right once and for all (within manufacturing and cost constraints, of course), I'm VERY optimistic. :thumbsup :) I was going to post this later on the scope bracket research thread anyway (with MR's blessing), but I'm happy to post this teaser here. The scope, once again, is just a simplified dummy model - I'm working on a dead-on replica of my own as well... :love ):

The EE antenna greeblies will be idealized and centered, as no doubt they were originally intended. I firmly belonged to the camp that believed a SCREEN-used prop replica should reflect what was SEEN on SCREEN, not pre-production or post-production. But removable greeblies are a nice compromise that should please the purists on both sides of the debate, and no tools will be required... :angel

Oh, and I also consulted on the front grill and scope geometry, and I'm very happy with the resulting design. :D

That's all I know or am allowed to tell, so please don't bombard me with questions or requests for pictures - I'm sure MR will be doing its own show & tell very soon. :)

- Gabe

Originally posted by moffeaton@Feb 22 2006, 08:27 AM
I am psyched.
[snapback]1190469[/snapback]​

As am I. I regretted getting rid of my LE and now we're going to get a much nicer representation with the EE. :)

Although... my wallet is bawling right now...

This sounds very cool. Will the trigger and slide work like the LE? I have to admit that is the coolest thing about the original MR release.

E. Vader

Great news. Also, very cool that you are involved in this Gabe, congratulations...

I saw no mention of the suppressor. Will that be accurate as well ;-)

Tom

I know you're working on the supressor right now Gabe, but will you be doing a run of the scope mount as well as the scope you mentioned?

I'm in the same boat as Joe...

I regretted getting rid of my original MR ANH. I may just have to get this one. $500 or so should be the max though...

-Gary

Thanks, Tom. :)

E. Vader: I honestly don't know the answer regarding the trigger & hammer, but I know a sliding bolt is not gonna happen. I did lobby hard for a working trigger at the very least, but that decision is ultimately Lucasfilm's. Let's hope Bryan coughs up that info on Rebel Scum and it gets reposted here.

Originally posted by TFrosst@Feb 22 2006, 06:51 AM
I know you're working on the supressor right now Gabe, but will you be doing a run of the scope mount as well as the scope you mentioned?
[snapback]1190500[/snapback]​
DOH. Forgot to mention that I provided the suppressor design to MR as well. It was practically finished when I started on the project, but recently I tweaked the round on the leading edge of the booster section as well as modified the knurling groove angle and depth, and those changes will be reflected in the final version.

The RPF suppressor run is with MR's blessing, but even if I wanted to offer a scope & bracket, I've got so many other things on my plate right now that by the time I finally get around to it, all the EEs would be sold out already. :p

But if anyone is interested in a Sitting Target setup, I'll maybe cross that bridge when I get to it... ;)

- Gabe

I'm thinking the working trigger might be subject to the source country for the replica. As with the sterling based replicas the ones coming from china were restricted from having working triggers...I guess they have to have their rules...

China: "It's ok to build an exact replica of a weapon with all metal parts, weight and feel, practically identical to the real thing...but for gods sake dont give it a movable trigger." :rolleyes

Kudos to you Gabe for your contribution they couldn't have made a wiser choice. :thumbsup

M

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Feb 22 2006, 04:09 PM

DOH.  Forgot to mention that I provided the suppressor design to MR as well.  It was practically finished when I started on the project, but recently I tweaked the round on the leading edge of the booster section as well as modified the knurling groove angle and depth, and those changes will be reflected in the final version.

The RPF suppressor run is with MR's blessing, but even if I wanted to offer a scope & bracket, I've got so many other things on my plate right now that by the time I finally get around to it, all the EEs would be sold out already.  :p

But if anyone is interested in a Sitting Target setup, I'll maybe cross that bridge when I get to it...  ;)

- Gabe
[snapback]1190515[/snapback]​

Damn, I was really looking forward to, at the very least, some nice brass scope replicas. I have a question though. You mentioned wiht MR's blessing your'e producing these. Not to step on any toes here, but since these are all found pieces, does Lucasfilm/MR hold any rights over the individual pieces or just the blaster as a whole?

Awesome--great work Gabe. I'd better start saving now, this will be my one definite MR purchase this year :)

Dave C

First, Gabe - congrats :thumbsup . Awesome work, bro :D

TFrosst does bring up a good point though. The MG81 suppressor is a found item. LFL or MR should absolutely no say in when or how you offer replicas. There is no reason that you should need their blessing to offer this piece to us. Unless you did the design work on their machines, money and time, it should be yours to do with as you please.

-Fred

Originally posted by Gigatron@Feb 22 2006, 04:28 PM
First, Gabe - congrats  :thumbsup .  Awesome work, bro :D

TFrosst does bring up a good point though.  The MG81 suppressor is a found item.  LFL or MR should absolutely no say in when or how you offer replicas.  There is no reason that you should need their blessing to offer this piece to us.  Unless you did the design work on their machines, money and time, it should be yours to do with as you please.

-Fred
[snapback]1190579[/snapback]​

Hey guys...

MR and LFL aren't really saying anything to Gabe about the parts. He took it upon himself to ask them. He also took it upon himself to give them a chance to sell out before he offers parts. That is his choice because he wants to extend them that courtesy, because he is a ultra ethical guy and because he has a wroking relationship with them. I'd hate to see MR or LFL get bashed for no reason. The only thing they have dictated to him is not revealing the Solo EE work info till now.

Good work Gabe.

Originally posted by TFrosst+Feb 22 2006, 10:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFrosst @ Feb 22 2006, 10:43 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Prop Runner
@Feb 22 2006, 04:09 PM

The RPF suppressor run is with MR's blessing, but even if I wanted to offer a scope & bracket, I've got so many other things on my plate right now that by the time I finally get around to it, all the EEs would be sold out already.  :p

But if anyone is interested in a Sitting Target setup, I'll maybe cross that bridge when I get to it...  ;)

- Gabe
[snapback]1190515[/snapback]​

Damn, I was really looking forward to, at the very least, some nice brass scope replicas.
[snapback]1190545[/snapback]​
[/b]

That is very disappointing. :cry I'm already on the buy list for the flash suppressor, and I was really looking forward to at least the mounting bracket (if not the whole scope assembly) as the next project.

Gabe,
Is there any chance of you making your scope bracket drawings available? I have found blue prints of the scope from other sources, but nothing for the mounting bracket.

Originally posted by atacpdx+Feb 22 2006, 04:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atacpdx @ Feb 22 2006, 04:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gigatron
@Feb 22 2006, 04:28 PM
First, Gabe - congrats  :thumbsup .  Awesome work, bro :D

TFrosst does bring up a good point though.  The MG81 suppressor is a found item.  LFL or MR should absolutely no say in when or how you offer replicas.  There is no reason that you should need their blessing to offer this piece to us.  Unless you did the design work on their machines, money and time, it should be yours to do with as you please.

-Fred
[snapback]1190579[/snapback]​

Hey guys...

MR and LFL aren't really saying anything to Gabe about the parts. He took it upon himself to ask them. He also took it upon himself to give them a chance to sell out before he offers parts. That is his choice because he wants to extend them that courtesy, because he is a ultra ethical guy and because he has a wroking relationship with them. I'd hate to see MR or LFL get bashed for no reason. The only thing they have dictated to him is not revealing the Solo EE work info till now.

Good work Gabe.
[snapback]1190583[/snapback]​
[/b]

I don't see how someone owning a replica suppressor is going to cut into MR sales. Who says "woohoo - I've a replica machine gun suppressor - who needs a stupid MR blaster"?

The two are independant of each other. I already have a nice blaster built on an MGC. I want to upgrade it with Gabe's part. I have no intention of buying MR's blaster because there are other things I'd rather spend the money on. And what about MG81 owner's that couldn't give a rat's a$$ about star wars? Should MR and LFL be in charge of whether or not these people can complete their guns?

I understand Gabe is giving a courtesy to MR and LFL, but there shouldn't be a need to in this case.

-Fred

Lets just hope this blaster will be released in the next few months cause we all know it'll see out the day it come out anyway. Then Gabe can get on those other projects :love (cough..scope/scopemount..cough)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back