MR Falcon slight repaint

I picked up my display case today. Its bloomin mahoosive. It makes the models look much better (but our lounge smaller!) I got it from a Local company to me here in the UK at a VERY good price. I know where to get my display cases from in the future! Heres some photos for you.
CASE1-2.jpg

case2-2.jpg

case3-2.jpg

Nice display case, but is it safe the way you had it done?
The plexiglass should sit over the lip for stabilization.

GFollano

Nice display case, but is it safe the way you had it done?
The plexiglass should sit over the lip for stabilization.

GFollano

Yes its safe. I had it made to sit inside the lip. Its 5mm acrylic so I dont think it will break too easily. I do thinki it would have looked better sitting on its proper lip but its done now!

Yes its safe. I had it made to sit inside the lip. Its 5mm acrylic so I dont think it will break too easily. I do thinki it would have looked better sitting on its proper lip but its done now!

Breaking is not a concern, it's more if someone pushes or leans on the cover which will slide around and might fall on the Falcon.

GFollano

Breaking is not a concern, it's more if someone pushes or leans on the cover which will slide around and might fall on the Falcon.

GFollano

Oh i see , no not a problem Theres a lip around the edge of the mirror base. It fits tight in there.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back