MR Darth Vader FX lightsaber replacement grips SW-207

Kylo1

Sr Member
Does anyone know where I can find replacement grips or someone who prints 3D grips for a MR Darth Vader FX lightsaber SW-207. Mine had deteriorated so badly, I had to remove them. I also don’t think regular replacement grips are deep enough to file down to fit the end cap lip.

Attachments

• 340B7DD0-3232-4B3B-AF0C-8230471E723F.jpeg
    340B7DD0-3232-4B3B-AF0C-8230471E723F.jpeg
    939.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
You're never going to find replacement grips that perfectly fit a master replicas hilt. I purchased a standard set, and very carefully sanded them down so that they fit over the raised end of the hilt. They will not sit flush against the hilt like your old grips, but it should work well enough.

Does anyone know where I can find replacement grips or someone who prints 3D grips for a MR Darth Vader FX lightsaber SW-207. Mine had deteriorated so badly, I had to remove them. I also don’t think regular replacement grips are deep enough to file down to fit the end cap lip.
How did they deteriorate? Did they become sticky and gooey? You could have cleaned them easily, until the top rubber coating is gone, and all its left is the hard ABS

How did they deteriorate? Did they become sticky and gooey? You could have cleaned them easily, until the top rubber coating is gone, and all its left is the hard ABS

Unfortunately I cleaned the sticky grips with acetone which also melted the ABS grips.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back