MR CloneTrooper Helmet ARRIVES !! PICS !!!

I got my helmet today and well..I'm on the fence. It has lots of paint inconsistencies on it. The recessed areas in the back and the cheeks are really flat and rough like they didn't use any sort of wet sanding process when they were buffing it out, no fine cut polish or anything. I'm pondering just doing it myself to see if I can fix it but I'll wait to see what MR says. Overall it looks good up at medium distance or further but up close you can see the differences in paint texture.

Called MR customer service and they are sending me to the home office to discuss repairing it....

Anyone ever have anything repaired by them before?

Garth

Man, I don't know what's goin' on with the MR folks. I realize they must be incredibly busy with these QC concerns and such, but I spoke with a CustomerCare rep a week ago, with the promise of an e-mail from Corporate within the week re: the botched paintjob on my plain CT bucket. But still no e-mail. So I called again last week, and this new rep gave me the number and extension for Amy's office. I left her a message last thursday, PMed her, and still nothing. From reading the rebelscum forums I know that all helmets are on hold ('cept for the StarCorps which is SWS), but I'd still like some kind of answer. I realize they promise to repair/replace any product of theirs that is unsatisfactory in any way, so I'm not entirely worried, but I wouldn't mind receiving an e-mail or some kind of response... :unsure By the way, Gytheran... gorgeous Spec. Ops. That thing looks perfect. Congrats.

Cheers,
-Roger

StarWarsShop has been very slow on addressing returns.

Updated MR Blog calls the Blue Helmet a "Shocktrooper" and also provides link to RebelScum photo of actual MR CoA documentation which shows a weathered helmet for Spec Ops & the real Shocktrooper
mr-specialopshelmet11.jpg
. RebelScum at least calls the Blue Helmet a Spec Ops :)

I know it's just a minor mistake but....

Another minor quibble... for $400 a pop, it would have been nice if each helmet had a unique CoA instead of this generic one for all.

Originally posted by Gytheran@Jan 31 2006, 01:01 PM
Stormtroopers are otherwise known as Shocktroopers, also.
[snapback]1172698[/snapback]​

While I don't think that is true even for the Original trilogy, it certainly is not true for the Ep II & Ep III which the Clone Troopers relate.

I guess it easier to try to defend the non-sensical than admit a mistake no matter how minor. Spec Ops and Shocktroopers are both Clone Troopers. The blog mistakenly called the spec ops (blue) helmet the shocktrooper (red). Rebel Scum was accurate.

Again it's a MINOR point, as most blogs are literred with mistakes. Why defend it with the wrong series of movies?

Originally posted by rudolpht@Jan 31 2006, 12:52 PM
While I don't think that is true even for the Original trilogy...

Check out page 52 in the Star Wars prop bible.

Defending? Nah, I just felt like sharing.

I know... it's not quite as irritating as finding a blog typo, but I try. Well not really. :lol

Typos happen... Take a deep breath... It. will. be. ok. :)

Originally posted by Gytheran+Jan 31 2006, 07:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gytheran @ Jan 31 2006, 07:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-rudolpht
@Jan 31 2006, 12:52 PM
While I don't think that is true even for the Original trilogy...

Check out page 52 in the Star Wars prop bible.

Defending? Nah, I just felt like sharing.

I know... it's not quite as irritating as finding a blog typo, but I try. Well not really. :lol

Typos happen... Take a deep breath... It. will. be. ok. :)
[snapback]1172770[/snapback]​
[/b]

What blog typo, I don't see one?

Originally posted by Gytheran@Jan 31 2006, 03:09 PM
That's a good question. :)
[snapback]1172788[/snapback]​

The Blog entry where "Shocktrooper" has been fixed to "Spec Ops Helmet," and who says that RPF isn't a force for constructive change. What bible with EpIII are you reading Joe?

In other Blog events, an MR spokesman has said the 3% upsize from the CAD drawings is perfect, so much for my 7% too small theory. Look at these "stormtroopers" I mean "shocktroopers" I mean ....

thumb_tmp43dfa70fa95ab_shorttroopers.jpg

Hey everybody.

I got my white Clonetrooper helmet on monday. It's immediately one of my favorite prop pieces I own if not #1. Seeing that helmet in your hands rather than just in a picture really shows off how amazing of a helmet design it really is.

The shipping carton my helmet came in was double taped like it had been opened and then stamped "inspected" on the top and bottom. The stryrofoam packing insert inside the black box was also double taped and had a sticker that said "Passed QC" (quality control). I guess they're checking things pretty carefully now so they don't get returns.

There was a bit of overspray on my paint job but I can't really complain. Very nice piece.

Adam

Originally posted by godzilla@Jan 31 2006, 07:36 PM

The shipping carton my helmet came in was double taped like it had been opened and then stamped "inspected" on the top and bottom.  The stryrofoam packing insert inside the black box was also double taped and had a sticker that said "Passed QC" (quality control).  I guess they're checking things pretty carefully now so they don't get returns. 

There was a bit of overspray on my paint job but I can't really complain.  Very nice piece.

Adam
[snapback]1173104[/snapback]​

Mine came exactly so but the paint had several areas that hadn't been truley finished. I even had the Passed QC which I took to mean, "Passed Qui Chang, he didn't look at it."

Even with the paint surface not being 100% the overall sculpt etc. is nice. I really do like it I just want to make sure MR either takes it and buffs it out all the way (I'd do it myself but I don't want to find out the paint comes off really easily and get stuck putting hours into repainting and finishing it myself), or gives me some money back or the like if I have to do it myself.

I did pay 400 bucks for it afterall and do expect a small flaw here and there but not so many large flaws.

Originally posted by grimlock2d+Feb 1 2006, 03:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grimlock2d @ Feb 1 2006, 03:38 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-godzilla
@Jan 31 2006, 07:36 PM

The shipping carton my helmet came in was double taped like it had been opened and then stamped "inspected" on the top and bottom.  The stryrofoam packing insert inside the black box was also double taped and had a sticker that said "Passed QC" (quality control).  I guess they're checking things pretty carefully now so they don't get returns. 

There was a bit of overspray on my paint job but I can't really complain.  Very nice piece.

Adam

Mine came exactly so but the paint had several areas that hadn't been truley finished. I even had the Passed QC which I took to mean, "Passed Qui Chang, he didn't look at it."

Even with the paint surface not being 100% the overall sculpt etc. is nice. I really do like it I just want to make sure MR either takes it and buffs it out all the way (I'd do it myself but I don't want to find out the paint comes off really easily and get stuck putting hours into repainting and finishing it myself), or gives me some money back or the like if I have to do it myself.

I did pay 400 bucks for it afterall and do expect a small flaw here and there but not so many large flaws.
[snapback]1173432[/snapback]​
[/b]

I think the problems with the finish is orange peel or overspray from crappy spray guns and/or gummy enamel that's too thick to spray properly.

But even with what problem is there, I'm glad they didn't clearcoat it. I *hate* clearcoat on helmets. Don Post did that on all of their deluxe models back in the day and I sold them all but the Vader which was appropriate.

Adam

Originally posted by godzilla+Feb 1 2006, 06:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(godzilla @ Feb 1 2006, 06:48 PM)</div>
Originally posted by grimlock2d@Feb 1 2006, 03:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-godzilla
@Jan 31 2006, 07:36 PM

Adam

[snapback]1173432[/snapback]​

I think the problems with the finish is orange peel or overspray from crappy spray guns and/or gummy enamel that's too thick to spray properly.

But even with what problem is there, I'm glad they didn't clearcoat it. I *hate* clearcoat on helmets. Don Post did that on all of their deluxe models back in the day and I sold them all but the Vader which was appropriate.

Adam
[snapback]1173910[/snapback]​
[/b]

I'm no painting guru for sure but I think clearcoat in this case would be very bad as all of those flaws that could be corrected by some buffing and fine cutting would be locked in with clearcoat. Then the whole thing would have to be resanded. <shudder> I've had to do this once and that was enough for me :)

Originally posted by Gytheran@Feb 4 2006, 10:03 AM
I have an MR prop that was SUPPOSE to come with a numbered LE plaque, but didn't. 
<----------------<<<

I have the edition number of item, but need a plaque that is going to match the original plaque for this item.

Who can I go to for this?

PM if necessary.

Thanks.
[snapback]1175818[/snapback]​

MR can do no wrong. Mail, email, or call them. Are they telling you to mail everything back? If you get a replica replica plaque it would not be the same, not at least to keep the value.

EDIT Spelling

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back