MR CE lightsabers - prototype pic

ob1al

Sr Member
Got this in an email today - the Qui Gon CE prototype. It seems they will be resin with metal details:

image39lv.gif

Would've been a better idea to just offer resin castings of the screen used stunt.

Originally posted by ob1al@Feb 3 2006, 02:17 PM
Got this in an email today - the Qui Gon CE prototype. It seems they will be resin with metal  details:

image39lv.gif

[snapback]1175025[/snapback]​

I wonder what the price will be.

What's a resin saber with metal details worth?

I think it would be a great feature if these CE's could hold a dueling blade, like the ones used in the movie. No EL lights or sound, just an accurate hilt that you could duel or display with. Maybe give it two seperate emitter plates to do so with.

I'd hope it would be under a 100 bucks, surely.

Qui Gon's saber seems like a good starting point for the line. I would be interested in picking that up. However, I'm not going to get excited about it until I hear the price. Under $100 would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. It may not be limited, but it's still an officially licensed collectable. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the $150 - $200 range. Many "glue and paint require" resin kits run in the $100 - $200 range, and this is a finished product. However, the more you manfacture the lower the price you can sell each unit for and these are supposed to be a high volume product line.

Originally posted by Gytheran@Feb 3 2006, 09:02 AM
According to MR, the MSRP is $199.
[snapback]1175125[/snapback]​

I think that's a bit steep. Why not spend a little more and get the LE?

$199 eh?

I was hoping for more in the $100 - 150 mark.

I do like the stands though - I actually prefer them to teh LE display cases, they will show off the sabers much better on a shelf display and take up less room.

Originally posted by shawnA2+Feb 3 2006, 11:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shawnA2 @ Feb 3 2006, 11:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gytheran
@Feb 3 2006, 09:02 AM
According to MR, the MSRP is $199.
[snapback]1175125[/snapback]​

I think that's a bit steep. Why not spend a little more and get the LE?
[snapback]1175150[/snapback]​
[/b]
Don't forget, these will be sold by dealers and there is no longer an MR dictated pricing guidline, so depending on the profit margin for dealers the selling price might be quite different.

$199 is way too high for the MSRP. I mean come on, you can get a cool hilt and lighted blade on a Force FX saber for $100. I won't pay more than that for a CE. Like others have said, at $200 I would just opt for the LE with a nice case and better quality materials. They only cost a bit more.

I'm not interested at $199. Unless I can find a considerable discount on eBay or a retailer, I'll be passing on the CE line. I'm not surprised by the price (see my earlier post), but it is on the high end of what I expected.

If I can find then for $150 or less through an alternate source then I'll pick up an Obi-Wan TMP and a Sidious RotS when they become available. I certainly expect those two to turn up at some point in the product line.

That's the one I'm waiting for...Sidious...I don't care for the saber at all...but I'd pay the CE price for one. For the collections sake.

As posted on RebelScum:

Originally posted by MRSWBryan
Here is the CAD concept image.  Since the tool is not done yet, this the best image that we have.  The picture on the email is this image adjusted in photoshop.  Also note that the center will not have the Star Wars logo.  Depending on the lightsaber, it will be the republic, imperial or sith logo.

ce%20stand%20assy.jpg

The original post:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showthreaded....ed&sb=5&o=&vc=1

While that prototype does look pretty good, $199 is just too much to pay for resin and metal accents. I'm hoping the fact that the CE are not going to be limited production runs will lower their MSRP.

Best thing to do is not rush out and buy them at that price. Wait a bit until the market is flooded and retailers are damn near giving them away.

I mean you can easily pick up an MR motion tracker for $150 + shipping on ebay. I'll collect them if the price range falls between $75 and $100. If not, I'll wait a while and pick them up later for cheaper. I'll use .45 sabers as a place holder.

-Fred

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back