MOTU She-ra costume

After a longtime without motivation and creativity, I am back on track.
I dont like the idea that everyone can see that it is a corsett, so I sewed a "cover". Its the same material as the skirt, so you cant see the two different shades of white.

Last edited:
This is looking so great! On my wish list is a recreation of the 2002 version (I think that's where I traced this image to at least) that never made it into the He-Man reboot. I love the valkyrie-esque warrior look to it. Seeing how good your version is coming out is very inspiring - looks so much more substantial than the original, maybe she could even fight in it :)

Definitely a good decision to cover the corset with a top layer. The front fleur thingy looks really great - it almost looks quilted on/puffy? What kind of material did you use?

Last edited:
for the fleur I used foam board. I glued the foam board on the faux leather and sewed the fleur on the top layer, very close to the ends of the fleur.

here is another sneak peek of the costume. please ignore the background :)

finished the top layer with all the tricky parts today. and yeah I had to pin the red fabric on the mannequin just to see the "result".

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back