Most Impressive SF Model Builds You've EVER Seen...?

Chrisisall

Sr Member
For me, THE most impressive & inspiring model build ever has been Steve Neill's recent Enterprise.

P1050988.jpg

Amazingly done ENTIRELY from scratch, it represents the pinnacle of what we as model makers and would-be special FX people aspire to. No surprise that Steve's a veteran of many of the movies we all hold dear including Star Trek: The Motion Picture & Ghostbusters!
If you need it, he can DO it!!
See his site/contact him at:
Welcome To My Website

Beatlepaul's Lost In Space first season Jupiter 2 was a great one for me to watch, being a kid at heart. His attention to detail was astounding, and it has influenced my own J2 build, which isn't finished as of yet. It's in this issue of Sci-Fi Fantasy Modeller:
Sci-Fi & Fantasy Modeller Volume 24 - £11.21 : Forbidden Planet International, Your Online Entertainment Superstore for Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more

Note; keep an eye on the Space 1999 Eagles being built right now, this could be epic.
http://www.therpf.com/f11/space-1999-eagle-transporter-build-club-update-09-03-pic-heavy-141012/

So, comments? Other favourites? Stuff I missed? I'm still kind of a newbie...

Last edited:
I'm always impressed w/the scratchbuilt Studio Scale TOS Battlestars that have been built out there, starting with Jim Creveling's fantastic work. I've only had the privilige of seeing one in-person - Sean Sides' Galactica that he unvailed at WonderFest 2008. Awesome piece of work that had the honor of a part being broken off by Dirk Benedict, who was a gust of honor that year. It took Sean several years to finish that one and thousands of dollars.

Of course, I'm also impressed with almost any scrachbuild or kitbash I see. Or impressed with anyone who finishes a model. I'm easily impressed, you see, because I have so few finished models....

To start with, anything and everything that Steve, Rel, and Yuumi have made.

And yeah, Tox's SD is pretty much insanely cool.

Probably a number of others I'm not thinking of at the moment.

You guys have no idea how talented Sean Sides is, until you see the stuff with your own eyes - stellar work.

I know Sean's work has been first rate. Thing I really like about him though is he is a great guy to be around as he doesn't seem to be an ego-maniac. He lets his work do the talking, yet he is also open to asking questions of others to help improve his work (qualities I really like in a modeler). He also does the kit stuff rather well as he took first in Realspace at IPMS Nationals last year with an Accurate Models Saturn V F-1 engine bell.

Juliens ISD, its just off the hook, its not just an ISD, its an ISD, at studio scale, using accurate donors, not just a mish mash of spaghetti to get the effect.
That said, anything by this young fella (Julien) as it has to be said, he's one of the only guys here id actually envision in the ILM shop way back.

lee

You guys have no idea how talented Sean Sides is, until you see the stuff with your own eyes - stellar work.

QFT.... I got to help unload and set up Sean's Galactica at WF a few years ago and it is stunning. I was in awe of it.

Here is me and the man with his baby

WF08072.jpg

Me and Ryan messing around

WF08076.jpg

Steve Neils work is greatness.
Its my honored to own one of
his greatest creation to date.
THE BIG E..

Thanks Steve for all you do and will do..
Paul/kahn1701

I got to see the Galactica replica at the sci-fi museum just before the exhibit ended earlier this month.

I almost peed my pants!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back