More Predator Movies To Come?

Is that the one thats already out? or is it a 3rd movie?

I don't wanna get my hopes up, but i heard, this year there will be an "prequel" to the Alien movies - Prometheus. or maybe thats wrong... this is what's said:
"Prometheus began life as a prequel to Ridley Scott's Alien, but became something different in production"

anyway, it'll be fun to watch :)

sorry, meant 4th movie :)

Whoah... I just googled Prometheus, nightshadow -- looks awesome!
Good find...
Here's the trailer (one of them): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU

As far as Predator movies, Predator was the first, then Predator 2, then AVP (Alien vs Predator), then AVP2 Requiem, then the most recent Predators, now possibly Predators 2...

Last edited by a moderator:
cool, yeah i found it kinda strange that Prometheus wasn't already discussed in here ^^ i haven't been here for a long time now, so unfortunately i haven't seen that thread ^^
i should take a look :)

From what I've read and understand.. Predators is actually Predator 3. When Isabell tells Royce and the rest about the "elite squad" in Guatemala . She was referring to Arnold in the Predator movie (obviously). If that part would have been cut of the movie It could have easily been just another Predator series/spinoff (not sure of that's the right term). Saying that, Robert Rodriguez wants to do a sequel to Predators 2(actually Predator 4), he just has alot on his plate (Spy Kids 4, Sin City 2 etc.) to do before he can get to it. It will happen.. just a matter of time.

Robert Rodriguez claimed that Predators was a sequel to Predator, in much the way that Aliens was a sequel to Alien, pretty much ignoring P2 and the avp side of the franchise.

Robert Rodriguez claimed that Predators was a sequel to Predator, in much the way that Aliens was a sequel to Alien, pretty much ignoring P2 and the avp side of the franchise.

Thanks for the info!

I get the add an "s" to the end and call it the sequel to the Predator. I can understand Ignoring the AVP side of the franchise, because it's a totally different story line and premise from the first two movies. Don't get me started on ADI's undermasks... .. They look.. well.. not up to snuff compaired to P1, P2 and P3 (predators). The should have just bought some badass ones from you(Usurper) or other mask sculptors on the lair.

Back on track... Predator 2 was badass and shouldn't be ignored! Granted Predator 2 didn't really follow Predator story line wise. but it has the "2" after it making it an obvious sequel.

Actually i remember reading a interview with Adrien Brody, He said while filming this movie he did sign up to do a sequel and they are in the works right now. It's not just greenlit right now since there are tons of new movies already coming out this summer but likely we will hear more from them soon.

Besides the Alien prequel i am every looking forward to. I hope there will be more Predator films. I have a feeling there will be. We need a film based on Predator's origins. Their lifestyle and hunting grounds and etc. Who knows maybe we'll see a infant pred? Female Preds too? I hope we'll see more of it. Pred sex? I know crazy lmao.

I don't know why everyone didn't like AVP. I liked it i just think the story itself has to be like a prequel before Weyland got powerful with the industry and itself. But then again i think AVP is just a total seperate story from all the stories that were tied to the novel itself.

I again personally perfer a remade AVP but a proper story written. Could had been better but Paul Anderson is a good director cuz of Resident Evil and his wife Mila. However i blame the writers.

Predators is still my favorite movie. wish it was 2 hours longer perhaps cuz there were small plot holes in the story. Would love to know what these drilling machines were really. In fact would be nice to see a extended version and more. Wished there was deleted and special features in that movie.

Still i think the next Predator films are gonna be very quite interesting. Let's cross our fingers and hope they do a very good one. I for one would LOVE to see Wolf come back in a different story. That guy was a badass in Requirem but unfortunately the movie was written so horribly lol. Ending sucked!

Yes that's right. It is a sequel to the first film. I would consider Predator 2 a bit further later in the future but probably a different time. Cuz there time is a different era in some ways. As for Predators i am glad they didn't have lasers or anything. They kept it true to it's story!

From what I've read and understand.. Predators is actually Predator 3. When Isabell tells Royce and the rest about the "elite squad" in Guatemala . She was referring to Arnold in the Predator movie (obviously). If that part would have been cut of the movie It could have easily been just another Predator series/spinoff (not sure of that's the right term). Saying that, Robert Rodriguez wants to do a sequel to Predators 2(actually Predator 4), he just has alot on his plate (Spy Kids 4, Sin City 2 etc.) to do before he can get to it. It will happen.. just a matter of time.

Actually did you know that Arnold was suppose to have a role in this film as a cameo? I saw a leaked script long time ago that was taken out of production. It was gonna be a twist but it never happened and I LIKED it. Did you know Laurance Fishburne was replacing the role of Danny Glover? Wouldn't make sense why they nab that guy if he was rewarded in the end of that film lol. However go here. http://angryjoeshow....tors-alternate/

You'll see Arnold's cameo that was intended for the film but never happened. They took it out since Arnold couldn't do the movie. I would have liked it lmao.

Check this out. Did you know there was supposed to be 2 Predators in the first film? I never actually knew that. Script was a draft for the time being. I could be wrong but source is here. http://www.theawl.com/2010/07/predators-robert-rodriguez-gets-to-the-chopper-cant-fly Interesting eh?!

Would love to see an Aliens vs Predator movie based on the dark horse comic's first story on Ryushi, or like the capcom arcade game in Los Angeles.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back