More pics of the collection + mural

hyperdyne

Sr Member
I finally got in my new LOTR: The Sword That Was Broken oil on canvas. It turned out wonderful, the detail is outstanding. :D I found some new things that I wanted to incorporate into the painting, so I went back to the drawing board and had a new 4'x'5 mural done up.

Here is a pic of it:
lotr_newpaint1.jpg

And a close up showing Narsil and Sauron:
lotr_paintclose1.jpg

A shot of my LOTR figs that accent the painting. That polystone Sauron has got to be at least 40 lbs. :eek
lotr_figs.jpg

Also upgraded my ANH lineage 3p0 head with brass eyes and plated aluminum antenna:
3p0_new.jpg

And I put up another glass shelf to hold the T2 arm and some sabers.
term_lotr.jpg

Hope you like it.

Awesome stuff. It's great seeing LOTR stuff - which reminds me; the LOTR exhibit is heading back to Te Papa in April for three months and then heading to one international location. Not sure where the latter is though.

Cool stuff, dude.

ARGH... your killing me. I love that painting. How about offering a copy of it for sale or a poster. My wife is a big LOTR fan would love to have this.

Tek

Thanks all. Turo, you are welcome anytime my man. :)

The changes I had made were more to Isildur and Narsil, and a small bit to Sauron after close inspection of the reference material I had. Plus some updates on the background colors and flag.

You never know tek, I was hoping of making some canvas prints using my original mural. If I do I will post an interest thread...

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Feb 21 2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks all.  Turo, you are welcome anytime my man.  :)

The changes I had made were more to Isildur and Narsil, and a small bit to Sauron after close inspection of the reference material I had.  Plus some updates on the background colors and flag.

You never know tek, I was hoping of making some canvas prints using my original mural.  If I do I will post an interest thread...
[snapback]1189713[/snapback]​

Well at least a glimmer of hope there. I would love to be able to give that to my wife for her birthday.

i always hate seeing your t2 arm displayed, i always think the shelves are gonna give in, it doesnt look safe but i'm sure you wouldnt put it up there if it wasnt.

the painting is very impressive :thumbsup

z

Thanks guys, I love the painting - it really makes my room. Without it the whole thing looks drab.

zorg, I hear ya. I got the thick glass shelves from Home Depot. I dont think they would hold the Sauron statue, but if you screw into studs they will hold a T2 arm no problemo. :)

Originally posted by tekmage3000@Feb 21 2006, 01:56 PM
ARGH... your killing me. I love that painting. How about offering a copy of it for sale or a poster. My wife is a big LOTR fan would love to have this.

Tek
[snapback]1189541[/snapback]​

same here... i think my wife would DIE to have that painting .... excellent job ...

NWJEDI
dave

And more and more people are looking for copies...

Hyperdyne might make some if he sees a demand. At the very least we can let him know we want one.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back