More pics of the collection + mural

Good news.

I put up an interest thread for canvas prints of my LOTR mural in the JY. If I can get enough people committed for a run it should be doable.

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Mar 2 2006, 01:41 AM
Good news. 

I put up an interest thread for canvas prints of my LOTR mural in the JY.  If I can get enough people committed for a run it should be doable.
[snapback]1197025[/snapback]​
That's awesome. Unfortunately I just can't afford the largest size, which is what I'd want. Would you consider sharing your reference photos or sources for those of us who may want to do or commission a painting ourselves? The movie itself, a DVD online easter egg and a movie book are the only references I know. In any case, to be super accurate, I think I want to paint it on a surface with a similar shape as the one in the movie. It would help if there were other references with more detail. Thanks.

Also, rather than risk damage to a painting from what I assume is a roller type scanner, would you consider having a professional take a photo of your more detailed second version painting under a flat lighting rig? Might be more expensive but would protect your painting and allow you to photograph your nicer second version, which is the subject of this thread.

Hyperdyne, am only seeing this now after all this time. That mural is amazing! I can't find that Interest thread in the JY though... must be cos it was so long ago. Whatever happened to it? If you ever do another run, I would like in!

Great work. I've always wanted one of those

I remember there were a few copies, but smaller than that... I even donÄt know if it were made by this user or another one...

I really would ove on of those, too...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back