Announcement More minor changes.

I just spent 10 minutes searching through me control panel looking for the control to change the timestamp back, and there isn't one :lol

I don't like this new one, it forces me to do the math in my head. And I can't math :$ I just like it to display the time. 10:30PM is always 10:30PM, I know immediately when that was. But 2 hours ago will soon be 3 hours, then 4, and I have to figure it out every time I see it.

Art Andrews; said:
You guys are going to love the new look so much that you are going to be asking "why did you make us stay on this outdated theme so long?!?" :lol
I doubt that.... Ill be leaving when you do that........ Its sad you dont value GOOD THINGS..

Im tired of good things becoming CRAP!! (And ppl think the crap is better)

THIS IS MUCH NICER THAN VB4 EVER WILL BE!!!!!!!

Is there any way to see the actual timestamp? I do see everyone's actual time they posted when I post a reply, but it would be nice to get that info without having to go into reply mode.

The actual time someone posts can come in handy, especially in the JY.

I doubt that.... Ill be leaving when you do that........ Its sad you dont value GOOD THINGS..

Im tired of good things becoming CRAP!! (And ppl think the crap is better)

THIS IS MUCH NICER THAN VB4 EVER WILL BE!!!!!!!

Your 15 day membership and 48 posts will be sorely missed :(

Anything after 5 weeks shouldn't revert o the date... It should revert to: "hey dummy, are you sure you want to reply to this?"

Ugh... Hate the new timestamps. I'm only making it here once a week with work what it is, and I usually note my last visit timestamp in the upper right corner, and go back through every post in the JY from that timestamp. Now I have to evaluate the entire 6th day's worth of posts because I have no idea when each was posted. Can't this be done via user CP so each can tailor how they prefer?

I don't mind the time stamp... I just think it needs to revert to an actual date quite about sooner than 55 days. In all honestly, I think after 12 hours or so it loses in meaningfulness.

I don't mind the time stamp... I just think it needs to revert to an actual date quite about sooner than 55 days. In all honestly, I think after 12 hours or so it loses in meaningfulness.

Agreed. We are looking into this.

Another small change. We have disabled the thread rating system. It is used so sporadically that it is more confusing than helpful, so we have simply eliminated it all-together.

Believe it or not, this is the exact reason we changed the months from numbers to names.

Oh thank god. :lol Well, thank you guys at least.

I'm not a fan of the Facebooky look of it; having the timestamps in my own local time works better for me somehow. So used to clock refs that I keep finding myself thinking 'forty five minutes ago? How long is that?' :lol

But I'll get used to it, and the month names = win.

I for one WILL miss the Thread Rating function, but I also fully realise that I am only one member among more than 70,000.

Ultimately, it is your site, Art and you have to go with what you feel is right. As long as I can still build, post and comment, I don't really mind what you do to it.

I would miss the option to have the black background though, should the new version not offer it, as my eyes are very light sensitive and I cannot spend more than a few minutes these days on forums with white backgrounds. But again, I am only one member ...
Times change people and we either roll with them or get left behind. I am sure the new look site will be great once we adjust.

I prefer the specific time as well. I don't really care for the "3 hours" ago thing, and for a forum like this...Wouldn't we want as much detail as possible?! :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back