More goodies from John Wick 4

Nidgit

Big fan of the series and have just watched the latest trailer for the fourth Wick movie. Looks like there will be plenty of prop related goodies for fans of the series, including this very interesting looking set !?
DAE45595-0925-4E13-9276-F73133D828D4.jpeg

Very cool indeed. Not sure if these are standard production forearms, or custom made patterned after the Thompson Condender (lots of variations)

Attachments

• thompson-contender-30-30-win-pr48770-2905607459.jpg
    thompson-contender-30-30-win-pr48770-2905607459.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 81
io.jpg

Wow!!!!!!
I found a FLAW in their CGI of that scene. The table is reflective. But the reflection, instead of being real, is CGI. But look at this card ! The backside of the card is facing the table, and therefore if this was a real reflection the table would reflect the back of the card. But the table is reflecting the TOP of the card. The TOP of the card is facing AWAY from the table. It is physically impossible to reflect the top of the card if it is facing away from the reflection.

IMG_2236.JPG

You can see his fingers in the reflection in the screen shot. But the card should be blocking the image of his fingers. Here's me with a REAL mirror. You should see his THUMB and the BOTTOM of the card, which is facing the table.

You are good Jintosh, Now go and order the metal to make the cards. PLEASE,PRETTY PLEASE.

Yes, you can definitely hear the "klunk" of the cards. On glass with thin metal cards, it should be more of a "Klink".

Okay, the numbers are easy to figure out. There are 24 cards on the table and the highest card turned over was 23. If they were numbered 52 cards like a card deck, the odds would have been to turn over a higher card. So, numbered cards 1 through 24. All cards are on the table, no hidden or unused cards.

Rules are : You make your condition and turn over a card. It has a number. Your opponent makes a condition and turns over a card. High card wins that specific condition. Other guy named blades, John named pistols. John drew the higher card, so pistols.

Last edited:
View attachment 1676086

You can see his fingers in the reflection in the screen shot. But the card should be blocking the image of his fingers. Here's me with a REAL mirror. You should see his THUMB and the BOTTOM of the card, which is facing the table.

Very interesting, but I would contend the trailer reflection is 100% real. The angle of the reflection between your picture and the one in the trailer, relative to the mirror, is very different. If you match the angle, you will indeed see that, even though your fingers are on the top of the card away from the mirror, you can still see the reflection of them. The angle matters a lot here.

I don't have a picture handy atm, but I did a sanity check on a reflective surface just to make sure. I can try to get a picture later.

Crazy isn't it? You would think it can't reflect anything on the opposite side, but it actually can. Here's an extremely crude illustration of what's happening (please forgive the poor quality and potentially incorrect reflection angles). :p

1677953464885.png

Anyway, silly light stuff, I don't want to detract too much from the cool props, just wanted to point that out. Please continue. :D

The picture is, indeed, very weird. If you can see the bottom cuff of his long sleeve, which is on the bottom of his arm, then it SEEMS you should see the bottom of the card as well. To see the top of the card, but the bottom of his arm seems distorted, but maybe that's just the nature of mirrors.

How can we still see the top of the card when it is at 45 degrees to the table?
That's what I was attempting to illustrate with my crude drawing. The bottom black line is supposed to represent the mirror table and the other line at 45 degrees is supposed to represent the card. What matters is not the simply the angle of the card to the table, but also relative to the viewpoint of the observer. The light bounces off the card at an angle where it can still hit some part of the mirror, and that part of the mirror then reflects the light to the observer.

I'll see if I can come up with a better illustration, cause it really is fascinating how it works.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back