Montreal Star Wars Identities Pictures At-At, B-wing,Slave 1, Avenger ESB - Updated

raiders

I ended going to the Montreal Star Wars Identities at the beginning of July and took a ton of pictures of the Star Destroyer Avenger for Julien and took lots of shots of the Slave 1 which I am happy to share at their original resolution. I ended up taking pictures of the Slave 1’s underside while lying on my back. The beginning of the exhibit where the Slave 1 was housed was deserted an half an hour before close. Since the museum didn’t allow flash, I ended up using a LED flashlight to illuminate the models and the museum staff never had an issue with it. I found the best results were when my light was shining just lateral to where my focus was.

I used the Nikon D7000 camera with a Nikon 18-200mm VR lens so I was able to zoom in quite a lot. A lot of the pictures were manual zoom. I used the Nikon raw mode which allows pictures at 4,928 x 3,264 (~ 19 mb per picture) and later allows better photo editing. You’ll need a program that reads Nikon raw images (.NEF).

I have the pictures on Hotmail’s skydrive which only allows 4 GB at a time to be downloaded. .

The following skydrive link has these pictures:
At-At (60 pictures)
A-Wing (38 pictures)
B-Wing (68 pictures)
Costumes (159 pictures)
Millennium Falcon (32 inch) (48 pictures)
Slave 1 (279 pictures)
Shuttle Tydirium (218 pictures)
Snowspeeder (58 pictures)
Star Destroyer Avenger ESB (854 pictures)
X-Wing (36 pictures)
Y-wing (191 pictures).
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=B9FE...#cid=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC&id=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC!109

Feel free to share these pictures, but no selling for profit and please don't post them to other websites without my permission.

Steven

Last edited:
Re: Montreal Star Wars Identities Pictures Avenger and Slave 1

Those are some awesome shots of Slave I. Thanks for sharing the uncompressed files!

Craig

Raiders you are a superstar. The Slave shots are superb, the cockpit is so tricky, maybe there is hope for a few more parts now? This, is truly ref worth looking at.

lee

Fantastic shots! I was able to go early in August and loved it. :)

Thanks for the pics!!!

Whoa, just have to say, the Slave underskirt shots are the best ive seen since SAG, even better TBH. Who'd have though the armature, screwed up to the sub engines......fantastic again :thumbsup.

lee

Raiders, WOW, the pics are stunning, thank you soooo much for posting these. Alot of folks here are gonna be really pleased with you mate!.

One thing I had never seen before regarding the Slave engines, is just how deep they really are, quite noticeable on the round secondaries especially.

Stu

Raiders, WOW, the pics are stunning, thank you soooo much for posting these. Alot of folks here are gonna be really pleased with you mate!.

One thing I had never seen before regarding the Slave engines, is just how deep they really are, quite noticeable on the round secondaries especially.

Stu

Yeah stu, they run all the way into the hull, pretty long huh, this is showing a just how much depth there is to those layered kit parts, fantastic.

lee

Excellent... Did you get any of Red 3? Keen to see under the old collapsed wing.

What Y wing is at this show guys, i forget, is it the Bill George?

lee

Thank you very much for sharing these pictures! :thumbsup

Thank you very much Steven, those are the best set of pics Ive ever seen, and it's good to see the all the details of the Slave ! I think I may build one (with my own hull lol) :D My Entex is ready to be cut ! :love

Thank you very much Steven, those are the best set of pics Ive ever seen, and it's good to see the all the details of the Slave ! I think I may build one (with my own hull lol) :D My Entex is ready to be cut ! :love

Julien id expect nothing less.......and it will be epic!

lee

Yeah stu, they run all the way into the hull, pretty long huh, this is showing a just how much depth there is to those layered kit parts, fantastic.

lee

A heck of a lot longer than I would have thought!. These pics really are priceless for showing the depth/layers as you say Lee. Really shows the Entex parts in wicked detail too. I'm seeing details in there & their relation to other parts that are just sooo clear now, really makes you want to build one, but alas, I'm tied up for a few years now:lol

I hear ya buddy, but, if a decent/strong hull came along, i reckon id not be able to resist it.
Looks like those engine bells are in integral part of the armature, SOLID construction......come on, somebody nail some killer vacforms for this bird!

lee

...and took lots of shots of the Slave 1 which I am happy to share at their original resolution. I ended up taking pictures of the Slave 1’s underside while lying on my back. The beginning of the exhibit where the Slave 1 was housed was deserted an half an hour before close. Since the museum didn’t allow flash, I ended up using a LED flashlight to illuminate the models and the museum staff never had an issue with it.

Thanks for sharing these. Hands down, that's the best - and most comprehensive - photo-survey of Slave I that has ever been made available publicly. Helped answer a couple of questions about construction, as well as push on the door of a few remaining part IDs. Again, a big thank-you!

Allan

These pics are amazing! Thank you!

Excellent... Did you get any of Red 3? Keen to see under the old collapsed wing.

Like that wasn't the first thing I did? I NEEDED to know. I got yer back :love

archives---0226.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back