mondshodawan kit being re-released

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i was browsing through the mags at borders and according to an article in the current edition in A.F.M. the very rare mondshodawan kit is being re-released,i think phase pistol has one?,

i just grabed the contact e-mail addy for info on it if ayones interested

toijr@earthlink.com

i have not mailed anything to that addy yet but will do shortly

z

"Mondoshawan", pronounced "mon-do-SHEE-van".

From "The Fifth Element".

Got this kit builtup at Village Comics in Manhattan, a couple of years ago.

mondoshawan.jpg

kt-mondo-front-02.jpg

kt-mondo-right-02.jpg

OK I found this posted on Amazing Figure Modeler's board
</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Posted: 16-Sep-04 22:21
What's up everybody,this is Toi Ogunyoku, some of you might remember my kit the Mondoshawan. I have a new kit out now called Little Big Man, you can check it out on my new website. http://www.gunghoscifi.com/ I've sent terry webb a copy and hopefully by the next issue it will appear in the Coming soon section. The kits are available now from my website. Thanks Toi</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

And sure enough (out of stock now tho!)

http://www.gunghoscifi.com/store/mondoshawan.htm

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>

Mondoshawan Resin Model Kit

This 1/8 th scale resin kit is approximately 8" tall and consists of 7 parts. Among the parts is an additional arm; the kit can be assembled with or without the key arm. In addition, the main body is hollow cast.

The original sculpture has been retooled with all new molds and castings by Mark Brokaw.

Cost: $90
Shipping: $7.00
International Shipping: E-mail for cost

mondo_splash.jpg

DS1.jpg

DSCF.jpg

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

So now you get the option of "arms at the sides" like the original release, or "arm bent with key protruding from finger".

Plus here's an article by somebody who built the original kit (PDF)

http://www.dronemagftvmc.com/downloads/mondoshawan.pdf

- Karl

aah cool, at that price how can i resist, i hope they get it back in stock soon,

thanks for your help karl.

as for the spelling, i was just lazy(just off nightshift)to look it up
icon_lol.gif

z

Was this the old Boney Island Models kit? I'v got one, but haven't put the time into it yet. Will need some fair work to get to look like a show piece. It's cool news, and not too much more expensive than the original I think.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back