Moldmax 20 question

cunningham

I am using MM20 and like an idiot, noticed it is mixed by weight, not volume, like rebound 25 which I use often. It calls for a 10/1 weight ratio, and I do not own a scale. Question: If the silicone part A is ten pounds worth, and the pink mix is one pound, would it be logical to say that it can be mixed 10/1 by volume as well? Seems likely to me as there is exactly ten times the amount of part A to part B. Thanks!

The answer to my previous query is yes you can mix by volume. I have had a mishap with using a spray release to release a 2 part mold. I used Smooth-On Universal Release to keep the two pours from curing together, but they bonded strongly as if I didn't use a release at all. I checked the website and, of course, that particular spray shouldn't be used for silicone rubber. I should have used Mann's. Just a caution to those, like me, who sometimes fail to be meticulous when reading details.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back