Mold

ssloun

Hello guys, i have some questions about mold.Ive seen lots of videos about making molds and im quite confused about it.
I m going to order clay (chavant medium) and some silicone rubber for the mold.I was thinking about making sculpture and once it is made, sink it into the some box with silicone rubber in it, wich would be my mold after it gets dry.Is it possible to do it like this? And if it is bad idea could you guys please post some photos of your molds so that i know how it should look like or describe a litle how you devide your bio to make 2 part mold?

Thanks

Josehp

oh one important thing... dont fill a box with silicone and then set your sculpture in it. That would trap air making air bubbles and would screw your expensive silicone!!! You would be better off putting it in a box and then slowly pouring silicone from the bottom up. but once again read and research first to make sure you know all the details, tips, etc.

Tonkers

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back