Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

Huh, never noticed before, but that and the top part you already scratched is the same part on the side of the "neck" area on the Y-Wing

I think it is from the bottom of a 1/35 German 8-Rad (that part over on the right)

uwAxEYThSeFhY1XR1KfF8PN_k3Ucm-VrQvuD0Ai7E&usqp=CAU.jpg

BSG  8-Rad donor part.PNG

Last edited:
Huh, never noticed before, but that and the top part you already scratched is the same part on the side of the "neck" area on the Y-Wing

I think it is from the bottom of a 1/35 German 8-Rad (that part over on the right)

Yes sir, it is the TAMIYA Schwerer Panzerspahwagen 8-RAD Sd.Kfz.232. That top piece you mentioned is the sides of this piece, cut off and mounted upside down. I think.
8rad.jpg
8radint.jpg

8radbottom.jpg

Rob.

Too bad you cut the middle part off of the tiny 8 Rad piece you used. Would have saved you a lot of work. ;)

Ok pal, I am NOT digging through that garbage can NO MORE. There is something wet in there and since it's MY shop can, there shouldn't be. I'll just make another, I don't think I can puke anymore. Not productively anyway.

Hey fella's, and any ladies that might be watching too, I've done what I think will be a nice "base" replacement for the 8Rads on the sides that I mentioned earlier as "next up".

DSCN0358.jpg

DSCN0359.jpg

DSCN0360.jpg

DSCN0361.jpg

Here's what it initially looks like on the model.

DSCN0363.jpg

DSCN0364.jpg

And here's the original piece right next to my new "base".

DSCN0365.jpg

Folks, I gotta say, I think this one will work! Personally, I think that looks MUCH better. I call them "base" at this point because there's still a fair amount of noodles, pipes, greeblies, lines, tubes, hoses, thing-a-ma-bobs that'll go on these.

Y'all can't tell me that THIS one wasn't worth the time.

;)

Rob.

Hey fella's, and any ladies that might be watching too, I've done what I think will be a nice "base" replacement for the 8Rads on the sides that I mentioned earlier as "next up".

View attachment 1536010
View attachment 1536011
View attachment 1536012
View attachment 1536013

Here's what it initially looks like on the model.

View attachment 1536014

View attachment 1536015

And here's the original piece right next to my new "base".

View attachment 1536016

Folks, I gotta say, I think this one will work! Personally, I think that looks MUCH better. I call them "base" at this point because there's still a fair amount of noodles, pipes, greeblies, lines, tubes, hoses, thing-a-ma-bobs that'll go on these.

Y'all can't tell me that THIS one wasn't worth the time.

;)

Rob.

It wasn't worth it. ;)

I can't believe Apogee left the locator pins on the 8 rad piece. Didn't they know we would be obsessing over this piece of art 40 years later!

I would say those are a huge improvement and definitely worth it

I really like the way these came out too Analyzer! The most amazing part is, I was able, somehow, to make TWO and they ended up almost identical. You already know. How often, huh??? Most of the time I would have to live with a wonky one I've tried to remake 8 times.

It wasn't worth it. ;)

I can't believe Apogee left the locator pins on the 8 rad piece. Didn't they know we would be obsessing over this piece of art 40 years later!

Speaking of that Mr. edge, that did seem to be the fiddly part of these remakes. I know they aren't exactly perfectly straight and ain't maybe exactly where they should be, but that came down to the 4-1/2 seconds I had for alignment on a tiny piece I could barely see with three magnifiers on that I JUST dipped in too much superglue and most likely for the firt 3 seconds I didn't notice it stayed in the superglue puddle when it fell off the X-acto tip. "Ok.... Where is it now". Now, saying that, I'm kinda ashamed. If y'all notice, there is an indention just at both ends on one side of the 8Rad part. I wanted to, and still may try, to add that. This is one of those situations I just mentioned to Mr. Analyzer. I'm scared to try!

notch.jpg

These (and I'm NOT bragging or anything, it really is a miracle) came out fairly well the first try and there is a HHHHHUUUUGGGGEEEE probability that I can screw these up trying to cut out that little notch, since it's no bigger than those locator pin replicas we just discussed. The chances of me screwing one of these up might just outweigh the fact that I won't be able to get so lucky and have to make a wonky one 8 times. Any perceived skill here is STRICTLY meager at best. I probably should leave well enough alone, but I think this WHOLE THREAD shows I have a hard time just doing that.

Rob.

Howdy folks! Well, I've managed another upper date. I believe this can be considered what we call in the business, "We in business!" I'm not sure which one of y'all talked me into this one, but they'll be a little something extra in your pay, I like these better.
DSCN0366.jpg
DSCN0367.jpg
DSCN0368.jpg
DSCN0369.jpg
DSCN0371.jpg

AND, y'all may even be proud of me! I actually glued these on and they is THERE. No spit holding these on.

Chunk some opinions at me.

Rob.

Opinion: Pepsi is better than Coke! :D

Seriously, looking good! I thought when the Mobius TOS Galactica came out, it had corrected everything that was wrong with Monogram's version and was pretty much supposed to be spot on! I didn't realize it had it's own issues!

Looking forward to your progress on this...I may have to use some techniques on my old Galactica model!

Opinion: Pepsi is better than Coke! :D

Ain't neither ONE of them good for you. Taste wise, from what I remember, I agree on the Pepsi, but BOTH are horrible for your system.

Seriously, looking good! I thought when the Mobius TOS Galactica came out, it had corrected everything that was wrong with Monogram's version and was pretty much supposed to be spot on! I didn't realize it had it's own issues!

Not necessarily now. This MOEBIUS is leaps and bounds above the old Monogram, but being made so many years later, you would think it should, right. I've seen many of these together on display and she'll make a great Galactica right outta the box. Realistically, I'm not really changing any dimensions or placement of much at all, just going overboard with adding detail to what was already a part of the kit. There was alot of what I've done that wasn't even there, I agree, but when I do seem to add something, using the studio reference I can get ahold of, what I add seems to go exactly where it was suppose to and lines up at my scale with where it's at on the original studio model. That ain't bad, really.

Looking forward to your progress on this...I may have to use some techniques on my old Galactica model!

Please do! I done talked Analyzer into joining me and you are absolutely welcome too! Now, Analyzer lied and accused me of things like peer pressure, nagging and wouldn't shut up about it (and those are direct quotes, go back and look), but don't feel obligated AT ALL!

Show Pictures.

When do you think you could join in?

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that would be unwise to turn down and I can only offer this for a week.

"Make up your mind kid, an 8th grader was lookin' at it yesterday".

;)

Rob.

Not sure what you're offering me to "join in on"; I'm broke if it's a matter of money.

But pictures, those I can get you. Give me a day to take some good ones so I can post them.

Not sure what you're offering me to "join in on"; I'm broke if it's a matter of money.

But pictures, those I can get you. Give me a day to take some good ones so I can post them.

He just would like you to share pictures of your build. Have fun. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back