Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

Alright y'all, I'm back sooner than even I expected and I'm back this early to get some opinions on some of the research for this build. Mr. edge, this may be right up your alley as it seems from earlier that you've spent many years researching the original and have been my go to modeler with most of the help with the pictures and things.

Anyway, as I was working on this latest section for the engines, it seems to me that there is something going on just under those "T" shaped pieces toward the front of the section. Those pieces, by the way, are covers for somewhere on the wheels of the 1/25th TAMIYA British Centurion Tank kit, as seen in this picture.

covers.jpg

As I was making these imitations, of course, for the placement after they were made, I was zoomed in pretty good on some of the reference I have been working with and noticed something... and here's where I need y'all to put on all the glasses you may own, magnifying glasses on top of those and then look through your magnifying light on your desk with these next couple pictures zoomed in as much as possible, like I do, and let me know some opinions here?

Here are the couple I'm able to use and the offending area is just below those Centurion covers:

4aa.jpg

115.jpg
176.jpg
216.jpg

Here's what I want y'all's opinions on. That area below those covers, to me, looks like it's open? If the consensus is that some of y'all see the same thing, I may do that to mine while I have the chance. The covers I added are just stuck on with some spit right now and will come off easily, but once I put my normal amount of 4 types of glue, heat and cold fusion, I won't be able to get them off.

If anyone feels like giving an opinion here, I would appreciate any and all!

Rob.

purely a guess on my part. but I do not see any opening on the underside based in this picture, of course it is not an ideal angle

50afa72bdd78720c1c76e33c102b990a.jpg

and based on the way the shadows look here, I am not sure the opening would go all the way through

BSG02.PNG

It is hard to explain what I mean, but I think the depth here based on the side would make deeper looking shadows. i.e. the shadow would drop off of the edge instead of looking even

BSG03.png

BSG04.PNG

That'
So I think recessed. but I do not think open to the bottom side

Yes sir, I agree. I added that earlier, but we must be in the posting at the same time loop thing! Recessed is exactly what I think I see. I do think, if that's what we end up thinking here, it will add a little to the look of that area and wouldn't be hard to do.

You can also try posting a question here since these guys had their hands on it

You can also try posting a question here since these guys had their hands on it

I would say by the way the shadow drops off here,the bottom area is recessed just a few millimeters?

It also looks like that dark colored piece is actually higher than that circled piece on the left
so hard to tell though

BSG04.PNG

Not sure what that would translate to at the scale of the Moebius Galactia

purely a guess on my part. but I do not see any opening on the underside based in this picture, of course it is not an ideal angle

View attachment 1533911

and based on the way the shadows look here, I am not sure the opening would go all the way through

View attachment 1533903

It is hard to explain what I mean, but I think the depth here based on the side would make deeper looking shadows. i.e. the shadow would drop off of the edge instead of looking even

View attachment 1533904
View attachment 1533906
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Thank you all for taking the time to look into this with me fellas! I believe the consensus is mutual here and I'm diggin' a hole in it. I'll post that in a little bit here.

Rob.

Looks at my assembled kit...

Don't wanna heard it. YOU mentioned way back that you had TWO more just a waitin'. Dig it out and jump in here with me and Analyzer.

Taking a look at what Mr. Leiss on Facebook has been up to, I may back up to the head of this and do some more in that same area he's been working on. I noticed it lacked much detail when I flew over working on the head, but seeing how much better his is looking, I'm comin' around for another pass I believe.

I still think this needs work...

257a.jpg

Here, again, is what that looks like on the kit and I believe that can certainly be done somethin' with.

DSCN0224.jpg

Rob.

Last edited:
Ok, I've started scraping on those areas and this is gonna be touch and go to say the least. "Y'all said y'all wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well this could be it sweetheart".

Last edited:
Here's the part I'm headed toward this time. The Schwerer Panzerspähwagen(8-Rad) Sd.Kfz. 232. It's the lower body inside out.
8radded.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. May have been worth the effort?

Here it is with one of the sides removed and the panel lines re-scribed.

DSCN0335.jpg
DSCN0336.jpg

Look sir, droids! Actually, mini 8rad.

DSCN0338.jpg

Here they BOAT is. Still need some clean up, but didn't come out awful. Awful, as y'all have witnessed with me here, is a reasonable probability.

DSCN0339.jpg

And, what it should closely resemble once I sticker it on. Not too bad on this one, glad I backed up.

DSCN0340.jpg

I'm gone try and do-hickey it up a little more with some chips and things I see on the original, but that may look out of scale. We'll see.

Rob.

And Analyzer, once again, this scraping session got the old thumb. It's alright though, the bone stopped the blade AND kept the finger from fallin' off. Gotta give whoever made us credit for that one. Somethin' for the meat to grab on really helps in some of my situations. Almost posted a picture of it just for posterity, but I forgot once I regained consciousness because I'm a wimp and the sight of blood does that to me.

Ok. May have been worth the effort?

Here it is with one of the sides removed and the panel lines re-scribed.

View attachment 1534499View attachment 1534500

Look sir, droids! Actually, mini 8rad.

View attachment 1534501

Here they BOAT is. Still need some clean up, but didn't come out awful. Awful, as y'all have witnessed with me here, is a reasonable probability.

View attachment 1534502

And, what it should closely resemble once I sticker it on. Not too bad on this one, glad I backed up.

View attachment 1534504

I'm gone try and do-hickey it up a little more with some chips and things I see on the original, but that may look out of scale. We'll see.

Rob.
Do-hickey it up? I wish you would stop using technical terms, so us mere mortals can understand what you are saying!

How in the world did you cleanly remove those 8 Rad parts?

What I'm trying to say, if you don't mind me mixing my genres, is:

LearnThisPower.gif

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back