Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

Welcome back!

The hand in the pic really helps give a sense of scale. So many teeny tiny details. Wunnerful!!!

Uh-huh, the old diversion technique. DON'T even JPH... When I had to left and went to town to pick up the sorghum an copper tubin' we ordered, WHO did I leave in charge of this thread, hmmm??? We both know it was YOU. AAANNNNTTT! DON'T LIE. I got news for ya', you cleanin' that up. Now we got a busted engine and some kinda stain in here and a funny smell. Familiar scent, yet not. Weird.

All seriousness aside for uno momento. Thank you JPH ;). That thumb took the most modeling skill you see in that picture and you noticed it right off! Trying to get that to a proper size to show scale took YEARS.

Now, I know y'all all noticed, I've cheated. I said I was gonna try and scratch anything I add or modify parts that were originally there, but all those gray ones are from the TAMIYA 1/700 waterline Gneisenau. Once I dug that out looking for those ladder pieces (which turned out to be the crane, Thank you for that suggestion Mr. Joe Brown), I succumbed to temptation with a bunch of the teentsy weeny parts in there and kinda went nuts. Those little track links came outta an ESCI pz. kpfw. IV ausf. g, (I may have spelt that wrong) 1/72 tank kit. Cheatin', just like I said, but THAT'S IT. Maybe. The tank kit had what looked the closest to the track links on the original that I could readily grab here in the shop without digging too much in things I can't really get to right now. Oh yeah, and the REVELL 1/1200 Bismarck is where those gun turrets got snatched out of. BUT THAT'S NOW IT. I think.

Rob.

Looking forward to whatever you come up with for the rest

I actually have started mine this past week. Drilling holes for lighting currently
I am using the replacement bridge from Shapeways and the Paragraphix photoetch set, for the grilles and landing bays mainly

Not sure if I will go to town like you have, but it has been pretty inspirational following along

I didn't forget this little blurb either Analyzer. Did you make your own thread? If you did, that's funny. I don't see it. I don't see any pictures posted in here with me neither, which you are MORE than welcome to do, except that I must have missed it.

Rob.

I didn't forget this little blurb either Analyzer. Did you make your own thread? If you did, that's funny. I don't see it. I don't see any pictures posted in here with me neither, which you are MORE than welcome to do, except that I must have missed it.

Rob.

I have not started a thread yet. I have to get some pictures first.

Now, I know y'all all noticed, I've cheated. I said I was gonna try and scratch anything I add or modify parts that were originally there, but all those gray ones are from the TAMIYA 1/700 waterline Gneisenau. Once I dug that out looking for those ladder pieces (which turned out to be the crane, Thank you for that suggestion Mr. Joe Brown), I succumbed to temptation with a bunch of the teentsy weeny parts in there and kinda went nuts. Those little track links came outta an ESCI pz. kpfw. IV ausf. g, (I may have spelt that wrong) 1/72 tank kit. Cheatin', just like I said, but THAT'S IT. Maybe. The tank kit had what looked the closest to the track links on the original that I could readily grab here in the shop without digging too much in things I can't really get to right now. Oh yeah, and the REVELL 1/1200 Bismarck is where those gun turrets got snatched out of. BUT THAT'S NOW IT. I think.

Rob.

Nothing wrong with that

keeptothecode_2.jpg

6b64f77f964a559512daaf65b4340e28.jpg

I have not started a thread yet. I have to get some pictures first.

Ya' know, that sounds an awful lot like an excuse? Maybe I'm wrong, or simply jumping to conclusions and incorrect, but I compared what you said to a few searches in GOOGLE and the definition came back 72.97811211263% as an "excuse". What else could you possibly have to do? Work? Chores? Eat? Family? Look at a forum on the internet??? Ok, maybe that last one is important and I can overlook it, but it does remind me of an old Chinese proverb...

CHOP CHOP. Git wid it.

Seriously buddy, I'm looking forward to it.

;)

Rob.

Ya' know, that sounds an awful lot like an excuse? Maybe I'm wrong, or simply jumping to conclusions and incorrect, but I compared what you said to a few searches in GOOGLE and the definition came back 72.97811211263% as an "excuse". What else could you possibly have to do? Work? Chores? Eat? Family? Look at a forum on the internet??? Ok, maybe that last one is important and I can overlook it, but it does remind me of an old Chinese proverb...

CHOP CHOP. Git wid it.

Seriously buddy, I'm looking forward to it.

;)

Rob.

:D You are right, I have no excuse unless you accept these as my excuses...(all finished in December/January)

P1111517.JPG

PC301508.JPG
IMG_6478.JPG

Uh-huh, the old diversion technique. DON'T even JPH... When I had to left and went to town to pick up the sorghum an copper tubin' we ordered, WHO did I leave in charge of this thread, hmmm??? We both know it was YOU. AAANNNNTTT! DON'T LIE. I got news for ya', you cleanin' that up. Now we got a busted engine and some kinda stain in here and a funny smell. Familiar scent, yet not. Weird.

All seriousness aside for uno momento. Thank you JPH ;). That thumb took the most modeling skill you see in that picture and you noticed it right off! Trying to get that to a proper size to show scale took YEARS.

Rob.

Oh, heh-heh yeah. In fact, that's ALL I have been doing is working this thread.

No other threads. Nope, nooo sirrreeee. Anything I have posted on any other thread wasn't real. This threads the only one.

I worked on an Adam Strange helmet and ear pieces. The best part of covering my head with aluminun *isn't* that it stops the FreeForm Air from sticking to my head, but rather, that it keeps the voices out.

Adam Strange, Battlestar...SAME THING

Attachments

• 20220110_084600.jpg
    20220110_084600.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 20220109_193143.jpg
    20220109_193143.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • 20220109_193140.jpg
    20220109_193140.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220112_160821.jpg
    20220112_160821.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 54
  • 20220112_155141.jpg
    20220112_155141.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
SURPRISE!!!! Look who's ba....

back?

Exactly what is going on in here? I leave for just a couple days and come back to THIS??? Which one of y'all left that over there and what in the world is that smell??? Let's open a window and air this thread out just a little. Do a better job of the clean up in this joint fellas, jeez, and how did footprints get on the ceiling??? Man, I hope that's coffee.

Anyway, how 'bout just a little update on the ol' Gal we been building, hmm?

I fenagled a little time over the past couple days and did a little more whittlin' on this thing. Once I found where I had secured it from all the happenings during the inclement weather, it doesn't seem to have suffered any dings, so picking up about where I left off, I was able to add this stuff.

View attachment 1533387

Now, of course, I had it all lined up and fairly straightened out, but bumped it JUST before I clicked "go" on the camera, so here's what y'all got. I still haven't stick any of this down, so no matter what I do, it always gets jostled before I get to show it to y'all and I apologize. I believe y'all can see what's been did though, so let me know what y'all think?

View attachment 1533388

View attachment 1533389

I still think she's lookin' better?

Rob.
beautiful happy endings GIF

:D You are right, I have no excuse unless you accept these as my excuses...(all finished in December/January)

View attachment 1533588
View attachment 1533591View attachment 1533590

No, no I'm afraid I don't accept those, not at all and especially after showing this, neither will anyone else watching. The only thing you've shown here that even comes CLOSE to a spaceship like this Galactica is an airplane named "USS Constellation". It is, as I would have expected, amazingly beautiful work on your part and I'm proud you have shown them in this thread, HOWEVER, you have tried to use this as an excuse and it just ain't gone fly... see what I done there... All you have PROVEN is that adding a Galactica model to this line-up would have been a very simple process and you wouldn't even have felt it. This has turned into one the most excusiest excuses I've ever excused.

;)

Rob.

No other threads. Nope, nooo sirrreeee. Anything I have posted on any other thread wasn't real. This threads the only one.

I worked on an Adam Strange helmet and ear pieces. The best part of covering my head with aluminun *isn't* that it stops the FreeForm Air from sticking to my head, but rather, that it keeps the voices out.

Adam Strange, Battlestar...SAME THING

Ok, wait! People post other things on here??? WWHHAAAAAAAAATTT!!!!!!!!! This can be verified, you do realize, right? I will go look that up and if it don't check out, you will receive one demerit. I'll have no choice. And, all of my tin ferl hats are designed to prevent the negative waves. Not voices and not the free form air. The voices are always there.

Rob.

edge, I knew you was keepin' an eye on the place for me my friend. That's probably why it was in the state it was when I got back.

Glad you still like it!

Rob.
Don't mind the chips, candy wrappers and empty pizza boxes. I'll be right on that.

Don't mind the chips, candy wrappers and empty pizza boxes. I'll be right on that.

Nope. Don't touch it. That's evidence, valuable evidence that's gonna be used to convict a maniac. Dammit, my foil hat almost fell off raisin' my voice like that and it's my favorite.

Ok, Big J, you gone have to point me to your thread. I tried searching, but you post WAY too much for that to work,

BUT,

I did find this from Mr. "Excuses"...

P1121544 (2).JPG

He ain't got "time" to work on his Galactica, but he DOES have time to work on a hair. Now, Analyzer, would you like to change any of that wording? Hmm?

Rob.

Ok, Big J, you gone have to point me to your thread. I tried searching, but you post WAY too much for that to work,

BUT,

I did find this from Mr. "Excuses"...

View attachment 1533663

He ain't got "time" to work on his Galactica, but he DOES have time to work on a hair. Now, Analyzer, would you like to change any of that wording? Hmm?

Rob.

ok, I succumb to peer pressure and I pulled out the Galactica....this is where I am at

Sorry for the crappy pics, but I did not have my usual lighting available (aka the Sun)

I am using a bridge from TonyRR (308 bits) Shapeways. Had to do some cutting to get it to fit/sit like I wanted it. Also had to drill some holes for fibers

P1131551 (2).JPG
P1131553 (2).JPG

P1131552 (2).JPG

P1131555 (2).JPG

I also picked up the front piece. It will look a lot better with some primer as it is kind of hard to appreciate all the details in the translucent resin

P1131557.JPG

I also grabbed the Paragrafix Photo Etch set

P1131549.JPG

P1131547.JPG

Your work has been very inspiring, but I am not sure how much scratch detailing I will do if any

I actually do have an extra 3-D printed Shapeways bridge (it is yours for free if you have any use for it)

P1131558.JPG

ok, I succumb to peer pressure and I pulled out the Galactica....this is where I am at

Succumbed? Peer pressure? Pulled out? I don't know what you're talking about.

'Bout time. WELCOME!
Sorry for the crappy pics, but I did not have my usual lighting available (aka the Sun)

Pictures is pictures and even if you think they're bad, we enjoy the heck out of 'em. Look at some of the ones I've posted. Some of mine would have been MUCH better not seen. Looks like you're doing a fine job so far.

I am using a bridge from TonyRR (308 bits) Shapeways. Had to do some cutting to get it to fit/sit like I wanted it. Also had to drill some holes for fibers
I also picked up the front piece. It will look a lot better with some primer as it is kind of hard to appreciate all the details in the translucent resin
I also grabbed the Paragrafix Photo Etch set

Actually Analyzer old buddy, It was a very close call when deciding to use all that myself too. Since I planned to do quite a bit of modifying what was already there I just went with doing what I've done. To add to that, all that stuff you're using ain't cheap. Now granted, this model ain't ahymore either, but even when the model was 39.99, that stuff came to almost double that, so I didn't get it. Admittedly, it looks great, I gotta say. Seeing some of it up close now it looks like that Paragrafix is worth it JUST for those engine grills. That looks like it's gonna really stand out and I'm gonna have a very hard time replicating anything like that.

Your work has been very inspiring, but I am not sure how much scratch detailing I will do if any
I actually do have an extra 3-D printed Shapeways bridge (it is yours for free if you have any use for it)

Inspiring... Sir... Thank you. If I've done that even a little bit... If I don't inspire anything else, I hope I'm inspiring some comradery! I don't even know what that word is or if I used it correctly, but it stays!

Keep it up Analyzer! I'm now gonna call you my build buddy and I hope it embarrasses you.

I may take you up on your bridge, but let me at least pay you for it? I really appreciate the offer! I would like to at least see it up close and see how close I can get mine to it, even if I don't use it. Never actually seen one in person, so if nothing else, let me bum it off you for a little while and send it back maybe?

Rob.

Last edited:
Succumbed? Peer pressure? Pulled out? I don't know what you're talking about.

'Bout time. WELCOME!

Pictures is pictures and even if you think they're bad, we enjoy the heck out of 'em. Look at some of the ones I've posted. Some of mine would have been MUCH better not seen. Looks like you're doing a fine job so far.

Actually Analyzer old buddy, It was a very close call when deciding to use all that myself too. Since I planned to do quite a bit of modifying what was already there I just went with doing what I've done. To add to that, all that stuff you're using ain't cheap. Now granted, this model ain't ahymore either, but even when the model was 39.99, that stuff came to almost double that, so I didn't get it. Admittedly, it looks great, I gotta say. Seeing some of it up close now it looks like that Paragrafix is worth it JUST for those engine grills. That looks like it's gonna really stand out and I'm gonna have a very hard time replicating anything like that.

Inspiring... Sir... Thank you. If I've done that even a little bit... If I don't inspire anything else, I hope I'm inspiring some comradery! I don't even know what that word is or if I used it correctly, but it stays!

Keep it up Analyzer! I'm now gonna call you my build buddy and I hope it embarrasses you.

I may take you up on your bridge, but let me at least pay you for it? I really appreciate the offer! I would like to at least see it up close and see how close I can get mine to it, even if I don't use it. Never actually seen one in person, so if nothing else, let me bum it off you for a little while and send it back maybe?

Rob.

No embarrassing me

As far as the bridge, I initially bought it, but then later found the combo one with pre-drilled holes. That set was only a few more dollars than the bridge by itself, so I went for that one (however, I am not sure what happened to the pre-drilled holes because I could not find them and had to drill them out myself anyway)
I think the combo when I got it was less than $15.

At any rate, I will not have a need for the extra one and would rather see someone get use out of it instead of wasting away in a parts bin

If you really want to pay for shipping you could, but I don't see it being more than a few dollars to ship anyway so it really is no big deal.

Just PM me your address

As for the Paragrafix set, it did cost about as much as the Galactica (before people started hoarding them and selling it for ridiculous amounts of money)
However, it was worth it to me for the landing bay and engine grilles. The rest of the set like the Morsar Karl bits etc... are nothing special as the pieces are kind of flat detail wise, but at that point I see it as just bonus bits from what I really wanted

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back