Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

The only reason I don't still use mine is it is missing a part.

I originally got mine for painting T-Shirts and Illustration purposes, Never dawned on me I might one day use it for models
The closest thing I was doing at the time to model building was painting up some 40K stuff for my brother and his friends, but that was all done with spray can primers and I had no idea if/how GW paint could be airbrushed

I had taken a couple decades hiatus from modeling and in that time lost one of the parts

I got back into modeling around 2007 when my daughter was being born since I woulld be spending more time at home
So I picked up a Revell Y-Wing at AC Moore for 40% off and not too long after I got my first Amazon gift card from work for some occasion and found the Revell 30th Anniversary Viper and Cylon Raider.

The Raider and Viper were models I had always wanted when I was younger, but never got around to it as I had the mattel BSG toys to keep me occupied

It has been a fast snowballing downhill slide from there

Luddite.

The only reason I don't still use mine is it is missing a part.

I originally got mine for painting T-Shirts and Illustration purposes, Never dawned on me I might one day use it for models
The closest thing I was doing at the time to model building was painting up some 40K stuff for my brother and his friends, but that was all done with spray can primers and I had no idea if/how GW paint could be airbrushed

I had taken a couple decades hiatus from modeling and in that time lost one of the parts

I got back into modeling around 2007 when my daughter was being born since I woulld be spending more time at home
So I picked up a Revell Y-Wing at AC Moore for 40% off and not too long after I got my first Amazon gift card from work for some occasion and found the Revell 30th Anniversary Viper and Cylon Raider.

The Raider and Viper were models I had always wanted when I was younger, but never got around to it as I had the mattel BSG toys to keep me occupied

It has been a fast snowballing downhill slide from there
In all seriousness: You need to get a Moebius Raider kit. Studio scale :)

I thought the Moebius Raider WAS studio scale??? I thought that was the big deal about it?
That is what I said, didn't I?

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I am up for starting. I do want to build an interior for the cockpit and light it, but nothing else in mind

Start us a thread! I'll join in, if you'd like? I ain't doin' nuthin' right now at all.

I've got a few of them Moebius's and we can compare it to one of the old Salzo ones... If the attic ain't melted the resin.

Rob.

I do have the Moebius Cylon Raider, just have not built it yet!

Mr. Analyzer, did you pick up any Vipers from Moebius?

cracked.jpg

Me too. I was in-between jobs, as they say, at the time. Coulda shoulda woulda.

In-between jobs? One on one side a town, one on the other? I had that one time! Dominoes AND Little Ceasers. Dominoes, at the time, was SERIOUS about that "30 minutes or less" crap.

I'll have some pictures here shortly folks. I've done a good bit of "in that gap" work and have put a couple of these "new" 1/144 tanks through their paces. They'll never assault the rhine again!

Any more hints or tips on this gap Mr. star-art?
I was just saying the gap varies on the original so when you look at a photo of the engine it matters what side you are seeing. Besides, this kit is roughly 1/4 the size of the filming model so at that scale any variations would become too small to really be noticeable.

Mr. Analyzer, did you pick up any Vipers from Moebius?

View attachment 1675337

In-between jobs? One on one side a town, one on the other? I had that one time! Dominoes AND Little Ceasers. Dominoes, at the time, was SERIOUS about that "30 minutes or less" crap.

I have not picked up any of the Moebius Vipers, Despite the raised panel lines, I think the Revell/Monogram ones are more accurate shape wise in most areas apart from the cockpit canopy. Although I have seen builds where they combined the best of both and it turned out very nice.

So far I have built one of the old school Monogram Vipers and used a cockpit detail set to replace the solid grey canopy and lack of interior as well as the 30th Anniversary one which switched to a clear canopy with interior and pilot. I also have the 30th anniversary Cylon Raider which is something like half scale of the 1/32 Vipers at 1/64.

I need a better display as the one is literally just sitting on the shelf

P2082201 (3).JPG

more pics here

I was just saying the gap varies on the original so when you look at a photo of the engine it matters what side you are seeing. Besides, this kit is roughly 1/4 the size of the filming model so at that scale any variations would become too small to really be noticeable.

Thank you.

I have not picked up any of the Moebius Vipers, Despite the raised panel lines, I think the Revell/Monogram ones are more accurate shape wise in most areas apart from the cockpit canopy. Although I have seen builds where they combined the best of both and it turned out very nice.

So far I have built one of the old school Monogram Vipers and used a cockpit detail set to replace the solid grey canopy and lack of interior as well as the 30th Anniversary one which switched to a clear canopy with interior and pilot. I also have the 30th anniversary Cylon Raider which is something like half scale of the 1/32 Vipers at 1/64.

I need a better display as the one is literally just sitting on the shelf

And a mighty fine job you've done with it too!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back